SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do yall feel about being without your gun for a day or two plus?

Reactions: hauki

·
Registered
661 Posts
Agree. Naked. There are places I work that I can not carry. I don't like to leave the gun in my car all day, even if locked. I worry about theft so I just don't carry those days. TG

·
Registered
727 Posts
I feel the same armed or unarmed but I tend to not go places where a firearm is a necessary accoutrement. Yeah, I know. Crime can happen anywhere but a gun doesn't make me invincible either. Sometimes I carry. Sometimes I don't. It has more to do with how I feel that day and almost nothing to do with where I'm headed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me it doesn't have as much to do with being afraid as it just feels like I forgot something that day. Like wearing a hat every day and then not having it because it's in the wash... :unsure:

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,722 Posts
Weird!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't like it much. Knowing that, and knowing I had a seven week trip to Phoenix coming up, I invested in a good Pelican locking case and took my 1911 with me on the airline. Mucho betterer. That was my first time taking a gun on an airline and I found it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

It was after I returned from this trip that I got my P365 ...and my AR-15 for that matter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I don't like it much. Knowing that, and knowing I had a seven week trip to Phoenix coming up, I invested in a good Pelican locking case and took my 1911 with me on the airline. Mucho betterer. That was my first time taking a gun on an airline and I found it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

It was after I returned from this trip that I got my P365 ...and my AR-15 for that matter.
Always wondered how much of a hassle that would be. We went to Vegas recently and didn't take along, but certainly stocked up on ammo while there so that was a learning experience! Felt extremely out of my element for 4 days in a new place with only a pocket knife.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Per the Advice of my Attorney I Carry ALL the time no matter where I’m at, he said that if you have to use it and you don’t carry all the time they can try to prove you intentionally went looking for trouble and question why you decided to carry that day in particular….
Don’t know how true it is but it sounded all legal and such so tend to follow it….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Always wondered how much of a hassle that would be. We went to Vegas recently and didn't take along, but certainly stocked up on ammo while there so that was a learning experience! Felt extremely out of my element for 4 days in a new place with only a pocket knife.
Every airline is a bit different, so read up on it. It's been a few years, but if I recall... The gun is locked up and unloaded in the case. You must have the key because they will want to inspect it. Magazines must be unloaded. Any ammo must be in the original cardboard box. The gun case and ammo are then put into the same bag/suitcase and taken to a special check-in counter to be inspected. If it's all good, they put a big, red tag on the bag and put it on the plane.

When you arrive, you have to go to a special baggage claim to pick up that bag. It won't be with the rest of your luggage and the normal baggage claim. I was in American, I believe.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Keys, wallet, phone (sometimes wrist watch) .... .38 Airweight, strip loader, Boker Automatic .... I don't leave home without them. I've built in what you would call a hidden compartment into my 4Runner console to put the .38 in should I have to go into a government building or the like.

·
Premium Member
1,345 Posts
Like Paul and others I never leave home unarmed. I don't even sit around home unarmed. Right now I've got my robe on, with my Model 36 in the pocket. I don't fly and I have no reason to go into a State when my concealed weapon isn't welcome.

I can't be armed at work. I have a safe in my truck that my firearm stays in while I'm working. I'm a full grown man, well trained in self defense. I'm not scared of being unarmed, I just choose to not be. I'm more concerned about defending my family than myself. I WILL NOT GO to a restaurant, store ect that doesn't allow guns.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts