SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I follow a lot of on-line gun auctions with the intent of keeping up with gun values and from time to time hoping to score a bargain. Bargains are hard to evaluate because of the extra cost like buyer's premiums, S&H cost, and etc. Then there is factor of having to reply on pictures and sketchy descriptions to know what you are actually bidding on.

Therefore, I seldom have a winning bid and when I do there is a lot of uncertainty as to the outcome.

I won an auction lot yesterday for $65.00 that is much riskier than my conservative nature. The description read: "Group of 3 Ithica Model 31 Parts Lots. (1) SN:276302, SN: 371874279, (3) SN: 371083797. Large group of parts and receivers. Parts not cataloged to completeness."

You will note Ithaca is mis-spelled and it should read Model 37.

The pictures are not the greatest and show few details of the smaller parts. It shows three receivers, sets of stocks, 3 or 4 barrels, a couple of trigger sets, one bolt for sure and etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
I can't open your photos so I have to ask. Are there enough parts to assemble at least one shotgun?
If so I think you scored a great deal.

I have an old M37 that I inherited back in the early 60's. It is in great shape and I still use it for wing shooting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You won just by stepping out, & bidding & as long as have a gun you can use a barrel on you way ahead of the game & sell what you don’t need!
Good Luck with All of it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55,301 Posts
I can't open your photos so I have to ask. Are there enough parts to assemble at least one shotgun?

I have an old M37 that I inherited back in the early 60's. It is in great shape and I still use it for wing shooting.
most pics from 3rd party sites, like imgur won't open! here's an example of the same pic, from both pc/attachment/imgur!

lamarw:
good luck!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Very good question Sheepdog, I am wondering the same. There seems to be a ready availability of parts both on eBay and Numrich. The pictures shows what should be the major components for at least one gun. It should give me a long term project for an additional two guns with the acquisition of bolt and small pieces. Then three guns after acquiring a trigger assembly, bolt, stocks, slide components and small parts including upper and lower ejector parts.

Maybe these pictures will help some.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts