SIG Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife has been shooting handguns on a frequent basis for a year now. She enjoys shooting her EDC Glock 48 and she has also enjoyed shooting a variety of other pistols. Though she has never shot a rifle and I have never been able to convince her to shoot my CMMG Mk4 5.56mm rifle. She's always been intimated by AR15s in general because of their loudness and her fear of the severe recoil, in which I've tried to convince her that isn't the case. Well, a couple of months ago I purchased my first PCC, the Brigade Manufacturing BM-9 which is chambered in 9mm and has a 9" barrel. Ok, legally the BM-9 is a pistol because of the presence of a brace, but you all know what I mean...to me it's still a carbine. Anyway, today my wife finally decided to shoot the BM-9! However, her caveat was "but only one round." After hitting the target bulleye with that first shot from ten yards, she said "two more rounds" then "three more rounds" then "five rounds" then "ten rounds and before we knew it, she had fired an entire box of 50. She had the biggest smile on her face the entire time! She kept saying, "this is so much easier to shoot than a handgun." On the way home she said she can't wait to shoot the BM-9 again and that she will now consider shooting my AR15! Baby steps.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
My advice: Keep her shooting! The ammo bill may get too big and then finding more ammo may not be easy, but it is likely to make for a happy home life.

The down side is she may want her own "carbine." Don't let her shoot an MPX as they are even softer shooting.

Bill

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't let her shoot an MPX as they are even softer shooting.

Bill
My wife wanted to get me a MPX for father's day. with all of the unrest going on she couldn't find one. I told her that it was ok I didn't really need anything. About a month later I found a copperhead and ordered it with "her approval". Got it in a couple of weeks ago and put a Romeo 3 on it. Went to range to sight it in and let her shoot a few magazines through it. It is now referred to as "her gun":huh:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I forgot to mention that this was also my wife's first experience with a reflex sight, which is the Sig Romeo5 XDR green dot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts