SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Thanksgiving P229 build was 99.9% a success.

Front fiber optic sight from Warren Tactical not here yet (my fault for ordering late) and a new extractor pin needs to be sourced to replace the one that I shot into orbit using the amazing power of the extractor spring.

Frame was a recent GB acquisition, ex-law enforcement already refinished quite nicely in original-looking flat black. Slide was also a law enforcement veteran that I’ve had in my parts drawer for nearly 5 years that I media blasted. It’s a .40 slide with a 9mm ported conversion barrel from EFK.

Very nice WG tool steel sear and early serrated trigger up the mechanical quality a bit. I really dig the aluminum mainspring seat from Matrix Precision; it’s likely not doing anything measurable at all, but I’m getting rid of a big piece of plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
That's a nice way to spend a holiday!
Looks great!

Reactions: RLevinson68

·
Registered
21,117 Posts
Looking good. Only thing I did today was stuff my face with food. I see your frame has the early mag disconnect (I can see the spacer in pic1). I've got a few of the aluminum Matrix seats as well. I agree they probably don't do much, but I like them anyway.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why is your FPPP sticking out on your slide?
Because I forgot how much a PITA the press-in solid pins are and decided to stop and get a roll pin version instead.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking good. Only thing I did today was stuff my face with food. I see your frame has the early mag disconnect (I can see the spacer in pic1). I've got a few of the aluminum Matrix seats as well. I agree they probably don't do much, but I like them anyway.
Good eye! I was wondering if anybody would notice.

Attachments

·
Banned
7,276 Posts
Nice build.
What's the .01% that wasn't a success?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's one great looking SIG. I have a P229 with both a 40 and 357 slide and have been considering adding a 9mm conversion barrel just like yours to make it a 3 caliber pistol. After seeing yours, it's becoming a much more likely possibility.

Again, great looking pistol!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,268 Posts
Nice Job! Good looking variation, the way you want it! Makes more sense in cases where you can't get what you want!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cannibalized an extractor pin from another P229 and installed a standard front sight while I wait for my parts deliveries.

I’m going shooting tomorrow! Woo hoo!

·
🎖USAF Retired
4,668 Posts
I dig it. I have the same style frame that I rebuilt not to long ago. It’s just plain fun rebuilding older pistols. So nice that parts for these are so easy to get.

And I agree, that slide pin is a pain in the butt.

Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun

Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun barrel

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
23,704 Posts
You're starting to make me want to pick up a couple of used ones to restore and customize!

You are becoming an enabler! :p :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.