SIG Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently finally got a M11-A1 I have been looking for one for a couple of years now and finally some popped up on Midway USA ,so I grabbed one.
What a great gun the only thing that bothered me was the stock grips.
They just felt a hair too big for my comfort.
I ordered a E2 grip set up and gave them a try they defiantly are smaller and felt great in my hand.
AS you know there a clam shape snap on type of deal comes with a tool to put them on and take them off.
Easy to install comes with everything you need to do the change over from Sig.
The only thing that I noticed was some of the gaps between the frame and the grip were a little off
no biggie but the stock grips fit perfect no gaps any were just what you would expect out of a Sig.
Then I got to thinking and thought wow wouldn't it be nice if the E2 had screws like the stock 2 piece set up
with the added extra benefit of the clam shell with no seam in the rear.
So I called SIG SAUER and talked to the custom shop and felt kinda stupid asking, but I had to try anyway and asked if I could get the E2 grips with the screw holes in them made up they said that was not going to happen hey I gave it a shot any way.
Well being a stubborn old retired senior citizen I went out to my little gun shop and came up with this.
I Machined the E2 used the screws from the stock G10 and wham bam thank you mam they look Kool fit tight no gaps and smaller in size to fit my hand.
So for those of you who like the E2 but find them a little loosie goosy here ya go.
Just thought I would throw this out there for your entertainment.
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
305 Posts
I've had no complaints when using the E2 grip(s) on my similar P229R (legacy version) but appreciate POST 1's handiness in getting the screw holes precisely in the right places. I switch back & forth with my grips depending on my mood.

I also noticed the OP also has the mag catch reversed. Even though I'm right-handed, I reversed my mag catch as my left support-hand will depress the mag catch while I'm gripping & shooting. Instead of filing/grinding/polishing down the mag catch, I found it easier merely to reverse the mag catch. There was no problem for me to get used to the reversed orientation as it's really similar for a right-handed person when operating a standard AR-15 rifle's mag catch (which I'm also accustomed to using).

·
Registered
305 Posts
Post 4,
I don't have any problems with my E2 grips, but don't know how many times I've taken them off and put them back on (maybe only 5x, I estimate).

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,639 Posts
The only E2 grips I have found looseness on are the P220 version, that uses "molded studs" that fit into the grip screw threaded holes, and not like the P226/P229s that fit "around" the bosses.

You're fortunate that the thickness of the E2 grip material around those bosses, support both your drilling, and counterboring for the Grip Screw heads... Nice Job!

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Shotgun
Font Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
When I got my P229 the E2 grips were the first thing to go! Not just because of the above mentioned bear paws, I have the same issue. I just think they're junk, and wonder why such a well-crafted gun would come with such low quality grips!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts