SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My first handgun purchase

I bought this Sig back in 2012 when I turned 21, from Gander Mountain. I talked the guy down on price after he told me that it came with two mags, and when I looked at it only had one so he had dropped the price to 500, and then threw in a box of 100 rounds of winchester 115 grain FMJ and a box of Hornady critical defense ammo, and that **** ain't cheap.

When I got home I read my manual on the gun, and it stated that it only came with 1 mag.

Too bad it came in basically a sig shoe box, by which I mean it was cardboard instead of a plastic hard shell case or something.

Now if I can only find more mags, and 9mm ammo !

Feel free to comment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Welcome from NW FL. Sounds like you did well on your deal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin!!

I got a 2022 in December it also came with one mag and the shoebox.
have about 500 rounds through it and its been flawless.
If your used to non combat sights it takes awhile to get used to them.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Howdie and Welcome!
Yep, mine came with one mag but I have 3 more on back order from Sig. At $46 each, they're not cheap and I'll probably sell one locally here for a little more than I paid for it. They seem to be either scarce, or way too expensive.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. Great gun. Love mine too. For a gun that came in a cardboard box with one mag, it hasn't taken long to accumulate a lot of complimentary goodies. Funny how that happens.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congrats. You're lucky you found it in stock. I just ordered my 2022 (also my first handgun purchase) and I have to wait for it to come in. I couldn't find it in Illinois anywhere or even out of state where the transfer fees didn't kill the deal. I saw it at a show a couple of weeks ago but was nervous about making my first purchase at a show. I wanted to be able to ask all the noob questions I wanted answered first and passed on picking it up figuring I'd find it at one of my 3 local shops....now I wait. Enjoy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Welcome and enjoy, my 2022 is my go to HD and fun-gun, even above my 226s' and 229.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was at the range today. Met a guy with a Sig 1911. I had my 2022 so we traded guns for a while. I liked how the 1911 quickly acquires the target (steel). Strangely, he liked my 2022 better than his!!

No matter what, Sig makes some sweet stuff that just works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. If anyone ever wants to sell a spare mag I would be happy to buy it off them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just curious, but I lived in Chicago for quite some time, but are the gun laws in Chicago different from the rest of Illinois ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also very eager to lean from the rest of the sig owners.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a normal sp2022 and a California compliant sp2022?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What grain ammo do you run through yours ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome fm SC. I'm a newbie myself to a SIG SP2022 and have only run 115s thru mine so far. Mags are definitely hard to find. Saw some at gun show last week selling for $75!! My LGS sold me an extra one for $30 when I purchased my 2022 and now they have none.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just curious, but I lived in Chicago for quite some time, but are the gun laws in Chicago different from the rest of Illinois ?
The gun laws in Chicago were different until 2010 when the supreme court told them they had to fix their laws and over ruled the ban on handguns. It's still harder to get a gun in the city though (for non criminals anyway), fingerprinting, background checks, training classes, and fees that I read can cost more than the gun. Thankfully I live well away from the city proper. The laws in Illinois and the city seem to be constantly changing and constantly fought over politically so it's hard to keep up on them. Right now they are dealing with the supreme court telling the state they have to allow some sort of CC, so they are going to change again. They are also talking about banning mags over 10 rounds, which would make the SIG I just ordered illegal before I get it in my hands. I have no idea if it would be grandfathered in somehow. It's a crazy state to live in.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a normal sp2022 and a California compliant sp2022?
I am here in CA and bought a 2022 new just a couple of months ago. The only thing I see on mine is that it has a 10 round capacity mag while the ones sold in other states are 15 round mags. I don't have a LCI on mine either, which surprised me.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
CA has a roster of "safe" handguns. Sales through FFLs can only only include guns on the roster. Now, there are many exceptions and exemptions. Too numerous to go into here.

10 Round mag is the limit. Guns on the list before the addition of the LCI and mag safety and still on the list, do not have to have these features.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts