SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The P365XL grip module and 12 round mags I ordered arrived today and I converted my P365 to the P365X. I know it's not a real P365X since it's not red dot ready like the new Sig model but it works for me. I really like the longer grip and the slightly extended beaver tail of the XL grip module, they fit my hands better and I'm sure will be easier to shoot. 12 rounds versus 10 rounds is a good thing also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The P365XL grip module and 12 round mags I ordered arrived today and I converted my P365 to the P365X. I know it's not a real P365X since it's not red dot ready like the new Sig model but it works for me. I really like the longer grip and the slightly extended beaver tail of the XL grip module, they fit my hands better and I'm sure will be easier to shoot. 12 rounds versus 10 rounds is a good thing also.
I did the same with my 365. Fits much better and converted my 10 rounders to fit the XL grip.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I did the same and sent the slide off to Fabricated Arms, so they could mill and install my Holosun 507K. They also have make/sell a cover-plate in case I remove the optic. The rear sights remain either way (which is different than the X or XL). Now, I'm just waiting for Chris at FA to get it done and sent back to me :)

Blessings,
DocS

·
Premium Member
P320 X-Compact, P320 AXG Scorpion
11,004 Posts
Reactions: BWepps

·
Registered
91 Posts
Keep in mind, this is the original P365X. Sig copied the idea from this forum, LOL. I did the same months ago. If you still have ten rd mags check out tactical Development and get the extention they'll still be 10 round but work fine. I have 2 that are flush and 2 that are extended for a fuller grip.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I installed the XL grip module on my P365 and I'm extremely happy with the results. Next on my list is to try a grip cover to see if it makes any improvement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got to the range finally yesterday to try out my converted P365X (and also my new Glock G45 MOS) Shot up about 250 rounds between the two of a mix of Sig 115gr, Federal 115gr, Norma 124gr, Speer 124gr and Winchester 147gr. (I don't want to think about how much it's going to cost me to replace the ammo LOL)
Really glad I installed the XL grip frame on the 365. The extra length and the beavertail makes it much easier to control the recoil and get the sights back on target faster. I've had the gun for just over two years with about 500 rounds through with no failures of any kind.
Also very impressed with the performance of the Glock G45. Very good trigger out of the box, my guess about 5 lbs and very crisp with no over travel and short reset. Typical Glock sights but may be going to a red dot soon. Only issue was one FTE in the first magazine but I think it was caused by one of a few rounds of cheap leftover reman ammo I mixed in with the good stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts