SIG Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a gen2 ! Problem solved, lol ..

I understand ALL P320's double click and it's a timing issue of the two clicks being too far apart is what I am feeling during dry fire .. One of these days I'll send the gen 1 back to sig as it has caused 2 FTF's at the range out of 1000+ rounds

My accuracy is better with my glock 19 with a large backstrap coupled with a talon grip vs the P320c

Ordered up a Large OD green grip module ,hoping that coupled with a talon grip gets me shooting straight, great groups just hitting slightly left at and past 10 yards .. big hands + compact medium grip module = the problem I'm hoping

Hello from Central Oregon ! Love the p320 !!

Great forum here!

Josh B

Attachments

·
Banned
6,262 Posts
The double click is not in need of being fixed. If you understand that it is just the way the gun is designed, there shouldn't be a problem. There is nothing wrong with it "double clicking".

·
Registered
383 Posts
When I first got my gen 2 compact RX I noticed double click dry fires the first couple of times after swapping out grip modules. I figured I must have done something wrong, because it went away after fiddling with it (I forget what fixed it). It could be user error not having the slide release in the right position when reattaching the slide. <shrug>
It hasn't happened since the first couple of times. Sounds like this might be a different issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought a gen2 ! Problem solved, lol ..

I understand ALL P320's double click and it's a timing issue of the two clicks being too far apart is what I am feeling during dry fire .. One of these days I'll send the gen 1 back to sig as it has caused 2 FTF's at the range out of 1000+ rounds

My accuracy is better with my glock 19 with a large backstrap coupled with a talon grip vs the P320c

Ordered up a Large OD green grip module ,hoping that coupled with a talon grip gets me shooting straight, great groups just hitting slightly left at and past 10 yards .. big hands + compact medium grip module = the problem I'm hoping
Evening Josh B

If the double clicks are close enough together then no big deal but if they are spaced too far apart then you can get a failure of the sear to reset with a once in a blue moon trigger pull stroke that fires the gun but doesn't travel quite far enough to re-set the sear.

If you are getting a failure to fire from the sear occasionally not re-setting then definitely send the gun back to have the trigger bar/sear reset point adjusted.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a P320 .40cal, P320rx and a P320sc non of them have a double click. All of them have been 100% reliable to date. The full size .40 only has about 300 rounds through it though so it has a ways to go to prove itself.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from SoCal.

My "Gen 1" 320 does NOT double click
Thanks! Wish mine didn't, was hoping to find a D.I.Y. repair but no luck yet
The double click is not in need of being fixed. If you understand that it is just the way the gun is designed, there shouldn't be a problem. There is nothing wrong with it "double clicking".
When it causes misfires, it's definitely a problem , just because a car runs fine with the timing off doesn't mean it doesn't need to be adjusted to run just a little better with the timing in spec.. It's a timing issue ,and sig created a fix for it

My gen 1 from 2014 doesn't double click.
Mine was a display model from 2014 that I purchased in 2017 ,so who knows how many people fingered it before I got it ,made me curious if that had anything to do with it

When I first got my gen 2 compact RX I noticed double click dry fires the first couple of times after swapping out grip modules. I figured I must have done something wrong, because it went away after fiddling with it (I forget what fixed it). It could be user error not having the slide release in the right position when reattaching the slide. <shrug>
It hasn't happened since the first couple of times. Sounds like this might be a different issue.
Short of polishing parts on the fcu I've tried lots of different things I've read online and none helped
Evening Josh B

If the double clicks are close enough together then no big deal but if they are spaced too far apart then you can get a failure of the sear to reset with a once in a blue moon trigger pull stroke that fires the gun but doesn't travel quite far enough to re-set the sear.

If you are getting a failure to fire from the sear occasionally not re-setting then definitely send the gun back to have the trigger bar/sear reset point adjusted.
Only ftf's happend from chasing the reset during rapid fire ,it honestly more of an annoyance and not an actual problem ,if a DIY doesn't roll across the internet soon I'll send it in
Welcome to the forum from Ohio.
Thanks !!
I have a P320 .40cal, P320rx and a P320sc non of them have a double click. All of them have been 100% reliable to date. The full size .40 only has about 300 rounds through it though so it has a ways to go to prove itself.
Both p320s I have are AMAZINGLY reliable, easily my favorite handguns on the market !! Next for me is the .40 cal exchange kit !

·
Registered
763 Posts
Welcome from MD. P320 is my next pistol so I am listening to everything I can about it. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks! Wish mine didn't, was hoping to find a D.I.Y. repair but no luck yet
Afternoon JoshB

You really don't want that, if it doesn't double click then there is something wrong with the gun & the sear won't reset.

Your aim is not to eliminate the double click as that will disable the reset. Your aim should be to get the 2nd click very close to the first one so it feels & sounds like only one click at trigger pull through.

·
Registered
758 Posts
When it causes misfires, it's definitely a problem , just because a car runs fine with the timing off doesn't mean it doesn't need to be adjusted to run just a little better with the timing in spec.. It's a timing issue ,and sig created a fix for it

Both p320s I have are AMAZINGLY reliable, easily my favorite handguns on the market !! Next for me is the .40 cal exchange kit !
Is it causing misfires, or is it amazingly reliable? If you want to draw an automobile analogy, it would be more like this car lock to lock on the steering wheel is 4 turns, and my other cars are 5 turns I need to fix it...No that is just the way it's designed.

Double click does not mean a timing issue. You may have a double click with no timing issue at all and the gun works perfectly with amazing reliability. Very few have a double click and a timing issue...but they are not synonymous.

If it is "misfiring" then stop typing and start shipping :) Do not look for DIY fixes, have SIG fix it.

All just info, and advice. Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Welcome from SoCal.

While dry firing, Hold your thumb behind the trigger so you stop the over travel after the trigger breaks, pull the trigger very slowly, once it breaks, then follow through and you will feel the second click.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Afternoon JoshB;

A little story about that darn 320 trigger click (funny but then again not so funny)

My brother bought his 320 about 3 weeks before mine came in, he dry fired it, shot it numerous times, even shot a local plate shoot with it. (his words were that he just loved the gun & loved the trigger pull)

Then at the local range I dry fired it a few times then shot a number of magazines through it over about a 3 hour period.

Neither of us noticed any double click while shooting or dry firing the gun.

Then my brother saw a reference to the double click on one of the gun boards. So he promptly picked up his 320 & low & behold found that double click. The more he played with it the more that double click bothered him (I could find & feel it during dry fire but not while shooting the gun)

It got to the point of bothering him so much that he called Sig & sent the gun back to them for repair--Here is the funny part-- Sure enough the gun came back with a less pronounced double click but the gun went in with a great feeling well under 6# trigger pull & came back a gritty feeling 7.8# trigger pull.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome from MD. P320 is my next pistol so I am listening to everything I can about it. Thanks for the info.
Thanks!
Ask to dry fire it before you purchase it ,would be my only 2 cents , for what it's worth guy at the gun shop said sig fixed the problem on the gen2's, and like stated from others the double click is not really a problem , it's inherit to the way the gun functions ,BUT for personal preference I guess ,I need the clicks to be perceived at the same time while dry firing for me to be happy

Afternoon JoshB

You really don't want that, if it doesn't double click then there is something wrong with the gun & the sear won't reset.

Your aim is not to eliminate the double click as that will disable the reset. Your aim should be to get the 2nd click very close to the first one so it feels & sounds like only one click at trigger pull through.
Well said !! And exactly what I mean to state ,but didn't clarify very well

Is it causing misfires, or is it amazingly reliable? If you want to draw an automobile analogy, it would be more like this car lock to lock on the steering wheel is 4 turns, and my other cars are 5 turns I need to fix it...No that is just the way it's designed.

Double click does not mean a timing issue. You may have a double click with no timing issue at all and the gun works perfectly with amazing reliability. Very few have a double click and a timing issue...but they are not synonymous.

If it is "misfiring" then stop typing and start shipping
Do not look for DIY fixes, have SIG fix it.

All just info, and advice. Welcome and enjoy.
BOTH!! Causes misfires and it's AMAZINGLY reliable
The 2 misfires were at the range, and I feel under a self defense situation it would NEVER misfire ,because I would be pulling the trigger with adrenaline in my veins in a self defense type shoot.. only if I'm trying to chase the reset during rapid fire at the range ,which with any current striker fired handgun on the market that's completely acceptable ,I've gotten the sear (2nd click ) to not engage thus causing the misfire a couple times out of over 1000 rounds ..

It's purely a timing issues as far as I'm concerned ,because the timing of the 2 clicks is too far apart on this particular gen1 I have.. I could see how some may double click and it be fully acceptable, but in this case they are so far apart it's not ..

My brother has never had an issue with it ,and I let him shoot it primarily, it fun to do our practice drills with the same gun , one of these days I'll probably send it in ,but read a guy polished the trigger bar and solved the issue on a couple p320's he had ,so thinking I'll give that a whirl first ,it's too much fun to shoot to be without it for a couple weeks at this point in my life

That said ,I do pretty much agree with what your saying
Welcome from SoCal.

Politically correct ,you don't perceive the double click during dry fire, lol ..

While dry firing, Hold your thumb behind the trigger so you stop the over travel after the trigger breaks, pull the trigger very slowly, once it breaks, then follow through and you will feel the second click.
Well said ,my Gen2 does double is forced to the way you explained it
Afternoon JoshB;

A little story about that darn 320 trigger click (funny but then again not so funny)

My brother bought his 320 about 3 weeks before mine came in, he dry fired it, shot it numerous times, even shot a local plate shoot with it. (his words were that he just loved the gun & loved the trigger pull)

Then at the local range I dry fired it a few times then shot a number of magazines through it over about a 3 hour period.

Neither of us noticed any double click while shooting or dry firing the gun.

Then my brother saw a reference to the double click on one of the gun boards. So he promptly picked up his 320 & low & behold found that double click. The more he played with it the more that double click bothered him (I could find & feel it during dry fire but not while shooting the gun)

It got to the point of bothering him so much that he called Sig & sent the gun back to them for repair--Here is the funny part-- Sure enough the gun came back with a less pronounced double click but the gun went in with a great feeling well under 6# trigger pull & came back a gritty feeling 7.8# trigger pull.
Thanks for the story! That reassures me I want to try and maybe polish a few things on the FCU myself before I send it in ! Or maybe have Gray Guns check it out and install a trigger for me ,as they are less then an hour drive from me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.