SIG Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,011 Posts
Congratulations! Now buy a case of ammunition in each caliber, and break it in right!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Congrats! My first gun a few years ago was 229extreme and a mosquito. Ditched the mosquito but the 229 is still one of my favorites and very special to me.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Congrats on one of SIG's finest combat pistols. Gotta love the legacy side.
Target Sports USA got a good deal on Speer Lawman .37SIG right now. Since I got my .357 barrel I barely shoot .40 anymore.
Guess I have to check, eventually clean and oil the .40 barrel and store it in a zip lock bag so it won't get messed up in the south Texas humidity.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Very nice indeed! Enjoy!

·
Registered
23,604 Posts
Congrats! The P229 is one awesome pistol and shoots those calibers well.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
The 229 is the iconic multi caliber SA/DA.
The older legacy slide ones, if lubricated right, will last forever.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Congrats! I know the feeling!
Last year I bought a very lightly used Legacy ('96) slide 229 in 40.
I put on the E2 grip set, SRT kit, and the pistol became my all-time 2nd favorite pistol! First is my 239 Scorpion in 9mm.
I just bought a 357 Sig barrel for the 229. Haven't fired it yet. It will be my fourth 357 Sig pistol. I love the cartridge, and I load for it too. Costs me the same as 9mm to load my own...about $6/50.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
congratulations on a good deal on one of the finest SIGs anyone can own!:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
grease

The 229 is the iconic multi caliber SA/DA.
The older legacy slide ones, if lubricated right, will last forever.
I have been using a generic gun grease. What grease would everyone suggest? Fairly new to the sig game.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on one of SIG's finest combat pistols. Gotta love the legacy side.
Target Sports USA got a good deal on Speer Lawman .37SIG right now. Since I got my .357 barrel I barely shoot .40 anymore.
Guess I have to check, eventually clean and oil the .40 barrel and store it in a zip lock bag so it won't get messed up in the south Texas humidity.
Shot 50 rounds of .357 sig over the weekend, but need to find them cheaper for sure. Thank you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.