SIG Talk banner

My P229 Legion is now with The Sig Armorer Robert Burke

4817 Views 18 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  sigke
I just got word from Robert this afternoon that my P229 Legion is now in his shop. He will start work on it early next week.

I had the slide milled for my Leupold Deltapoint Pro, he will refinish the milled portion in cerakote as close to the original PVD finish as can be done. He will also install the optic, the Trijicon Suppressor sights, zero both the optic and iron sights.

He will also do the Carry Level Action job which brings down the DA to 7.5lbs and the SA to 3.25lbs.

He was even kind enough to include polishing the feed ramp for I mentioned to him that I had failures to feed using hollow points.

I cant wait to get my P229 Legion back after he works on it and get it to the range.

Will post pictures and give a review/update when its done.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
558 Posts
I'm considering doing this with mine. For now, I just changed the hammer spring to reduce my trigger pull weight. I spent all my gun $ on a stupidly nice CZ Custom, so I won't be sending it off to Dr. Burke anytime real soon, but hopefully in a few months.

· Registered
758 Posts
Anxious to hear your review when the Legion returns. My P239SAS and M11-A1 both just arrived at Robert's today. Carry level for the 239SAS (EDC) and carry level and QTR on the M11-A1. Can't wait to hear your response to the work on your Legion. Enjoy!

Reactions: ScalpeL28

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got a message from The Sig Armorer and he is done with the carry level action work and was able to mill the slide to mount the Deltapoint Pro really low, .230" that will really be great for the DPP sits higher than the other optics. If everything proceeds as planned he will be able to send it back my way by Monday next week. Really excited to get my baby back!!!

· Registered
170 Posts
I just got word from Robert this afternoon that my P229 Legion is now in his shop. He will start work on it early next week.

I had the slide milled for my Leupold Deltapoint Pro, he will refinish the milled portion in cerakote as close to the original PVD finish as can be done. He will also install the optic, the Trijicon Suppressor sights, zero both the optic and iron sights.

He will also do the Carry Level Action job which brings down the DA to 7.5lbs and the SA to 3.25lbs.

He was even kind enough to include polishing the feed ramp for I mentioned to him that I had failures to feed using hollow points.

I cant wait to get my P229 Legion back after he works on it and get it to the range.

Will post pictures and give a review/update when its done.
If you don't mind my asking, how much did all of this cost?

Reactions: ScalpeL28

· Registered
5,817 Posts
I have looked at the site and wanted to know if anyone on the board has had Mr Burke work 938 upgrades to their piece? Be interested to know what pre and post work impressions were. Thanks if you have some gouge.
I haven't used Mr Burke, but know he works on the P938, you might give him a call.

I do my own work and the P938 is probably as good a subject as you'd find (any small gun with a gritty, creepy 7.5 to 8.5+ lb trigger has lots of room for improvement! :)). It's possible, though I think inadvisable, to get trigger pull below 2 lbs (I did that as an experiment and bumped it right back up to 3 lbs), much better at 3 to 4 with no creep and no overtravel, and most shooters will be pleased with under 5 lbs.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.