SIG Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 1500 rounds through my p226.
I'll shoot 100 rounds through it and it'll be fine then out of nowhere the slide won't lock back after I empty the magazine. Sometimes it does sometimes it doesn't, it's making me bananas. I checked the springs in the magazines and I know I'm not limp wristing it.
I bet I'll take it to the range next time and it'll work fine, but then it'll do it again the next range visit. *** is going on!
I want to use this gun for IDPA eventually and don't want it to do that to me in the middle of a match. Should I just take it to gunsmith?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was having the same trouble with my P239. Solution - I tightened my grip! I too have 226 Tactical with 500 rounds and no problems.

·
Registered
892 Posts
same mag? or different ones?

·
Registered
11,206 Posts
Do you typically depress the slide catch lever to release the slide when loading, reloading or otherwise closing the slide? Take a close look at the top rear of your catch lever where it engages the slide locking notch and the rear vertical edge of the locking notch; is the edge rounding off of either?

·
Registered
11,870 Posts
Could it be that one of your hands could be accidentally depressing the slide release lever at discharge causing the slide not to lock back?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I agree with the last two fellas - my son shot my SP2022 and kept having the same problem. A 1911 shooter and right handed, he holds his left hand very high on the weapon and kept slightly depressing the slide lock back lever. I'd check your hand position and the location of the lock back lever actuator on your 226.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts