SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this behind my ammo cans, while cleaning the closet.
Federal Hydra-Shok .45 ACP 230gr, from the 1980’s. I remember buying them (don’t remember the price). It was the first time I’d seen twenty round boxes, so I had to buy a few..
What‘s your oldest?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I still have a few boxes of .357 magnum left from when Bill Clinton won the election in 1992. My EDC at the time was an S&W .357 magnum and I bought several cases. Then I discovered 10mm pistols and .45 ACP pistols right after that. My .357 magnum revolvers have been pretty much range toys since then.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I've got some 12 gauge, 30-06 and .38 special that's way older than I am.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Jeezz ... where to start..... I too have some old shotgun shells that my dad bought ... early 70s maybe some late 60s. Still dry and clean. I have two boxes of .22 Longs (not long rifle) with a .99 cent price tag on them ...age unknown. Also have four boxes of Federal .38spec., 148 grn, Hollow Base Wadcutters that I bought at a gun show in the mid 80s.... I just never shot them. And lastly I have two bricks of Winchester Super-X .22 hollow points that came in a box that my sister gave me after my brother-in-law passed away ... I'm thinking they too are from the mid to late 80s.

As they say, "store in a cool dry place" ... 🦝

·
Registered
18 Posts
I still have a few boxes of .357 magnum left from when Bill Clinton won the election in 1992. My EDC at the time was an S&W .357 magnum and I bought several cases. Then I discovered 10mm pistols and .45 ACP pistols right after that. My .357 magnum revolvers have been pretty much range toys since then.
If you need any help storing them, let me know! I promise not to shoot them all in one place.🤞🏼

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
This box I got in the 90's, just found it a while back when cleaning out a closet....Federal lower-recoil 'tactical' buckshot.

I don't know if I should even shoot it.

Also had a box of .22 from I think the 1960's, forgot where I put it. Lead rounds that had turned a completely frosty grey.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have bricks of Federal Power Flite .22LR from the 70's. Price on the brick is $6.47. Also two bricks of Winchester Super-X dated 1971. Add to that 2 boxes of Remington .44-40 from the early 70's. I've shot up all my .38 Special from the early 70's. When in Basic Training we were shooting ammo loaded during WW2. "Modern" ammo lasts a long time. I'm shooting the oldest .22LR with no problems and replacing it with current ammo as it comes available at a reasonable price.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Still have the better part of a case of .375 H&H that my dad bought around 1970 to go hunting in Africa. Because of gun law changes at the time, he ended up renting his weapons over there rather than take his own. Th Winchester .375 hasn’t had very many rounds through still.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Found this behind my ammo cans, while cleaning the closet.
Federal Hydra-Shok .45 ACP 230gr, from the 1980’s. I remember buying them (don’t remember the price). It was the first time I’d seen twenty round boxes, so I had to buy a few..
What‘s your oldest?
View attachment 381311
I remember that exact packaging from back when I first started buying handgun ammo. My oldest ammo is a box or two of Remington .22LR that dates back to the 1980s, in the green and yellow cardboard boxes. I'm sure it still works fine, but I really don't want to shoot it as it is from back when I was a teenager and started buying my own ammo from the local hardware store.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts