SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a birthday coming up so I'm thinking of getting another sig. I currently have a 226 Legion.

I'm going back and forth between a 220 stainless and a m11-a1. Or maybe a reqular 229.

I don't need a carry gun, I have a PPS for that, this is just another range gun.

Currently I generally go to the range with my 226 and a BHP, and a older Browning 22. I shoot the 22 best, the BHP and 226 are about the same.

The LGS currently had a used 220 stainless with around 5 or 6 mags for around $900, so about the same price as a new m11-a1.

The pros of the 220 is I don't have a .45, the cons are I've got a Dillon set up for 9mm and before the election I bought 1000's of rounds of 9mm.

I really like the way the m11-a1 feels in my hand, but is it really that much different from the 226?

A 229 has the advantage of going the 40/357 route, but again different caliber to buy and set up for reloading.

So unless someone has news about the new P210 being sent out I'm having a hard time picking out a new gun that I don't need. But of coarse want.

Registered
At the risk of starting a war, the M11-A1 is superior to the 226.
Them's fight'n words! :mad:

:p

I love them both but the P226 will always be my favorite. With the P220 so close behind you cannot measure it. :D

OP, you'll be happy with either.

Reactions: 46Slick

Registered
All SIGs are perfect guns.

229, M11, 226, etc. Get the gun that suits your needs. You will probably get all models eventually!!!!!!!!!

Set a high budget.

Registered
The M11-A1 is my favorite, too. Everything about it is perfect for my hands.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Registered
Always tough. That's why I get um all and go from there ;). I did however, just shoot my M11-A1 last and really enjoyed it's badness.

Registered
220, it's a 45, initial investment in dies and some components and you are golden.

I also loaded up on 9mm and components. Just because?

But
I also load for 45acp this is on a single stage press, when you get a 45 dialed in with the one load that is just right wow. I rarely blast away with the 45 just about a half box or so per range session when I load for it it's a box or 2 at a time (relaxing) usually only have a few hundred rounds of 45 hand loads on hand at a time. 45acp is just classic every enthusiast Should own at least one. Get the 220 ecspecially if it talks to you.
Nothing wrong with the M11-A1 but you own other 9s.?
I know it's not a sig.

Attachments

馃帠USAF Veteran
At the risk of starting another war, have you considered an SP2022?

Registered
My vote would be for a Sig 1911 45acp Stainless Target.
An absolutely beautiful gun,a ton of fun at the range, fantastic trigger right from the factory.
Looks, feels and functions like a custom pistol costing several times the msrp.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.