SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Nice collection there Papasig. I gave the knives I bought and collected while traveling abroad on deployment to my younger brothers as their souvenirs. I had some local knives made in Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, UAE, Bahrain and other places I had been.

I made it a promise to myself to get one from each of the countries I visited. The only one left in my possession is the Katana I bought in Japan.

Heres a couple of pics:

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice collection there Papasig. I gave the knives I bought and collected while traveling abroad on deployment to my younger brothers as their souvenirs. I had some local knives made in Japan, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, UAE, Bahrain and other places I had been.

I made it a promise to myself to get one from each of the countries I visited. The only one left in my possession is the Katana I bought in Japan.
Awesome. And very generous of you to give them away. The only thing my older brother gave me was a cheap shotgun when I turned 16 that I still have today.

·
Premium Member
2,329 Posts
Awesome. And very generous of you to give them away. The only thing my older brother gave me was a cheap shotgun when I turned 16 that I still have today.
Thank you for the kind words.

Being the eldest, they always look up to me growing up. So it was just natural for me to give them something to remind them about the places I had visited during my 21 year Navy career.

I edited my previous post to add pictures of the pair of Katanas I keep for myself. Pardon the messed up bed :).

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
Very nice sharp edgers guys!

Reactions: Papa Sig

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
That is a very good collection of knives.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
That Ken onion kershaw is the same model that I lost a couple weeks ago. Any interest in selling it?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Looking good and thanks for posting.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I’m sorry I missed your post. I haven’t checked the knife forum in a bit. I don’t think I want to sell that knife. I like it too much.
I don’t blame ya. I should have kept it in a safe spot instead of packing on duty........live and learn!

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Makes me want to pull everything I have together. I'd like to know what's spread around, different drawers, hiding places and purposes. I should do that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts