SIG Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning a lot of middle of the line handguns in the $500 dollar range I decided I wanted to start getting into the more premium handguns. In the $1000+ range there is a lot to choose from that all compete with the legion series. I decided to purchase a legion because it had many of the features I was looking for and because I really enjoyed the way it looked and felt in the hand.

Below I will explain some of my initial troubles with this purchase then talk about the gun itself.
3/10 Factory Quality Control
4/10 Customer Support / Online Store
10/10 Gun Design
10/10 Gun Performance

If there are any Sig reps on this forum, please take note!

Problem #1:
When I first received this firearm I was surprised to have received a gun with a defective guide rod and the wrong caliber magazines (see this tread). I called customer support and reluctantly agreed to ship everything to them for evaluation and fixing.

Problem #2:
After many impatient called checking on my RMA I was able to receive the gun back in about 2 weeks from me shipping it to Sig with the replaced guide rod. However I am still waiting on the 2 9mm mags to ship months later.

Problem #3:
After registering for the legion program Sig ships you a special Legion case and that has been "pending fulfillment" for for parts of 3 months now and every time I call they reps I speak with just inform me that the cases are back ordered. Even though it is IN STOCK and on sale on their web store. This is exceptionally annoying because the stock case it came with arrived broken.

Customer Service Experience:
On the phone I they treated me very respectfully, over email they treated me differently at times. The representatives rarely used complete sentences, apologized/thanked me, or tried to do anything to improve this situation. There was no apology note in the return box or anything to compensate for a number of substantial quality control issues from the factory. All in all I am VERY disappointed with my initial Sig Sauer experience and I don't believe anyone should have problems like this purchasing a top tier item from a well established company like Sig.

*Update (Problem #4): I finally received a package with 9mm magazines (after almost 2 months), however they were not for the right gun... I shipped them back to Sig and they forgot to process the the new order of correct magazines! Only after getting upset at them for forgetting to order the new mags, a rather large mistake on their end, they decided to ship me an additional 2 mags. One package has still not shipped.

To sum up my experience so far, I feel like I am a talking to McDonald's customer support over a bad cup of fries. I do not feel like Sig customer support is treating me fairly for spending $1,300 on an overpriced handgun and having issues that are purely theirs to blame. This experience has certainly changed the way I look at Sig and it will change the way I make future purchases / talk to others about Sig Sauer.

My First day at the range:
On a huge tangent from the above complaining, I love this gun! I stared the day with my Glock then took out my P229 and I was very impressed with the difference.

The P229 was exceedingly more comfortable to handle and fire than anything I have ever experienced. The gun has a substantially different type of recoil than most guns I've used. I don't grow tired of shooting this gun even for a long period of time like I do with most polymer guns and I have much tighter groupings with the amazing green front sight. I have the DA/SO trigger and I know not everyone likes it but it is perfect for the type of shooting I like to do. All in all there isn't anything I would change about the design or implementation of this handgun and I am extremely impressed with it.

To conclude, here is an unrelated cool picture I took of it:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I sympathize with your experience. There’s nothing worse than buying a defective new gun and having to go through a painful and long winded process to get the problem(s) fixed.

I’ve been going through that experience with Romeo1’s. I had another one go U/S on Wednesday last week and it would be the third time it’s gone back but I’m done. I’m tossing it and never buying another. Of my three Romeo1’s they have been back collectively a total of 7 times (this would have made 8 times). Plus have been talked down to by CS.

Sigs do shoot well so at least the important part of the experience is right!!

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Congrats on your new P229L!!

Sorry to read of your issues though. Over many years, I've worked dozens of issues with SIG customer service. Most have benn efficiently and successfully handled, but we've had our moments as well. I've never hesitated to escalate any unsatisfactory result with cs' mgmt. Those mgrs have consistently responded with more than I could reasonably expect - and I remain happy with their support...

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
I had P226 SAO Legion and it was an excellent gun for USPSA competition. I say "had" because after shooting a CZ Shadow 2 I sold my Legion and bought a new Shadow 2. The CZ out shines the Legion by far, IMO.

Sig's quality control issues of late have made me look at other gun makers like CZ.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
Glad to hear they finally got your gun back to you. That stinks you are still waiting for your magazines. You may want to pick up a few extras anyway to hold you over until they send you yours. Check out Greg Cote Llc. You can never have too many. Also, if it makes you feel better, most of us take our free a Legion cases and toss them in a pile somewhere never to be used again unless we someday sell the gun. It’s pretty much worthless without a handle and too big to put in a typical range bag.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Have a Legion 226 SAO with a Romeo 1. Probably 8 to 10,000 rounds through the gun. Gun and optic have run flawlessly, not one hiccup, finish is perfect and have replaced the battery in the R 1 just once. Used just at the range, do not carry. What's not to like?? Love my Legion 226 and the Romeo 1!
Just sayin'!!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
SIG is missing the boat by not providing mounting solutions for the Trijicon RMR and ACRO. The RMR is THE current standard by which all other handgun RDS are measured. It is no secret that SIG's Romeo RDS is not even close.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Sig as well as local gun shops have seen hundreds upon hundreds of Romeo sights for the rifles come back with the customer claiming the sight was defective.Apparently most don't read the instruction booklet regarding the Motach system shutting off the sight after long storage periods and one must hold the power button for longer than a second or two to get the sight to power up.When the end user taps the power button repeatedly yielding no results,back it goes to whomever only to be found fully operational as designed.
Perhaps the instruction booklet is vague on this but I have had 3 romeos with no issues whatsoever.They were not purchased in nany common time frame eliminating any "Bad Batch" theories.
Maybe I've just been lucky or maybe I just understood the directions.
For the pistol units I can not speak but would definitely be curious and patient in any evaluation given what sig and local gun stores have gone through in having to sheepishly smile and say,"If you power up the unit as per the provided directions............"

No offense intended,just saying that the circle of adversity still has 360 degrees.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Have a Legion 226 SAO with a Romeo 1. Probably 8 to 10,000 rounds through the gun. Gun and optic have run flawlessly, not one hiccup, finish is perfect and have replaced the battery in the R 1 just once. Used just at the range, do not carry. What's not to like?? Love my Legion 226 and the Romeo 1!
Just sayin'!!
I also have a Wesson 1911 with a Trijicon RMR mounted on an EGW plate. I only went with the Trijicon because EGW doesn't make a mounting plate for a Romeo 1. From my perspective, the Romeo 1 is as good as the Trijicon and it has a slightly larger viewing lens. Have had much success with Romeo 1 and not one complaint. However, I do not carry and both guns are used only at the range.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts