SIG Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I snagged an EFK 9mm conversion barrel of the forum this past week, and now my four-caliber P229 is complete. It's a 90's triple-serial P229 in .40 S&W, with an extra slide complete w/ 357sig barrel and night sights, plus the EFK 9mm conversion barrel, plus the non-rail P228/229 .22 conversion kit.

The .22 conversion kit works well with mini-mags and liberal amounts of oil on the slide rails.

I've been contemplating trading the P229 for a P228, but I was getting impressively tight groups (for me, anyway) with the EFK 9mm barrel in the P229. Don't think I could bear to get rid of it after looking at the P229 grouping compared to my much looser groups with a SP2022, SP2009 and S&W 5904.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics before I put everything back in the safe. :mad:

But here's a pic from back when I was considering selling her:

Attachments

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice. Once you shoot .357 SIG in your P229 it's really not that fun to shoot anything else. :(
This was my exact experience the first time I shot .357sig! I love that round. Unfortunately, a 15-year-old wrist injury has been coming back to haunt me as of late and makes shooting .357sig/.40 a little painful.

Don't ever break your wrist. It'll never be the same. :-(

· Registered
45 Posts
This is the answer to the age old question, "Which one gun, would you want?"

· Registered
1,790 Posts
I now have 9mm, .40 and 357 in both carry and full length slide for my P320 and love it. I would really like to have one of those railless 229's to compliment my P229c and P228.

· Registered
4,106 Posts
Very nice. Once you shoot .357 SIG in your P229 it's really not that fun to shoot anything else. :(
Truth here I discovered after dropping a .357 Sig barrel into my .40 229.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.