SIG Talk banner
  • Notice image

SigTalk is a forum community dedicated to SIG Sauer enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about Sig Sauer pistols and rifles, optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My first sig

Tags
226 dak trigger
1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  DFM914 
#1 ·
Greetings to all! Just got my first center fire pistol.
It is the 226 40 S&W DAK with rail and a 9mm slide and mag kit.

Long hard trigger pull. I've babied myself on the rimfire guns I've had with 2.5-3 pound triggers. Do I just live with the long 8# pull or is there a safe way to lighten the trigger without the worry of ND?
This will be used exclusively on the range for now.
Thanks in advance.

#10 ·
Well I didn't really plan on the DAK it was one heck of a buy so I decided it was time to dive into center fire.
Been doing a lot of dry fire practice to get used to the sight picture and the new grips. I like it more every time but I will try to look up Robert Burke and try out his trigger.
Thanks again for the info and the warm welcomes!

#18 · (Edited)
Excellent suggestion. Dry firing the DAK takes an extra step if you want to experience the lighter first pull every time without racking the slide. I love the DAK trigger for a carry gun.

Welcome from the Buckeye state.

#15 ·
Welcome to Sigtalk from Oregon. Glad you got a new P226, excellent pistol (although I have no first hand experience with the .40, only the 9mm).

I hope you get your trigger issues worked out; I would help, but have no first hand experience with a DAK trigger. I suggest listening to/reading what was posted as there is a lot of helpful information on this forum (from it's members).

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.