SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I've had a lifetime of too many 1911's to count of just about every variety from Colt, Kimber, and Wilson...and a more than ample variety of most SIG P2XX's, I've never had SIG 1911.

Traveled all the way across town to buy a few mags from a pawn for a P239, and discovered a SIG Ultra Compact 1911 with Siglite sites in the box, that appears to have probably less than a mag full of rounds down the barrel. It is waaaay close to new condition. What a sweet, crisp trigger pull! It's a little heavy, but really crisp. Can hardly wait for it to get broken in. Not crazy about the bushingless barrel, since I recall what a bugger it is to tear down (based on some Colts I've had). But...for five and a half FRANKLIN's. I just couldn't not take it home. Think I'm REALLY going to like it :)
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great find! Gratz! What caliber? Mine is 9mm and I love it.
Oh, sorry about that. It's a 45. It's a handful alright, and not for a limp-wristed shooter. Got a bagful of magazines from my former Colt Officer Models...they're genuine "COLT 45 AUTO" and Ed Brown and Chip McCormick (I think). All functioned and fed well in the Officer Model Colts.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an Emperor Scorpion Fastback and a TACOPS Carry…both great pistols! Just be aware that because of Sig’s design, they don’t usually fit standard 1911 holsters. It’s kind of hit or miss but most sites will warn you that they do not fit Sigs. A couple of places (like Vedder) offer Sig-specific holsters, so they are out there!
Yeah. I have a few nice lined leather holsters from my 1911 days. One is a ROSS (made in South Africa) paddle holster for a SIG P228. The SIG 1911 Ultra Compact fits it perfectly. That surprised me. Another is a DeSantis made for a full size 1911. The SIG fits it perfectly...just has an extra 3/4" on the muzzle end...but captures the gun as it should for a safe carry...yet "effortless" withdrawal. Somewhere I'm sure I still have some leather from my old Officer models...just haven't found them yet. Quality leather holsters like Bianchi, DeSantis, ROSS, and Gazelle are just hard to beat (IMHO) for nice 1911's. And, this SIG deserves a loving holster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts