SIG Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been searching for awhile for a decent P6 that wont break the bank. I think I scored on a decent P6 at a good price. Box, paperwork and 3 mags, 475.00 511.00 out the door.

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
AFM: nice pickup at the right price point, especially w/the 3 magazines. Mine's a 1998 make and it's a fun gun to shoot and carries nicely, if you decide to do so. It'll never be a beauty queen, so I left it just as I found it. Here's a picture:

Good luck with yours & congrats!

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
Nice score Mike. You'll love the P6. I think it has the best ergo's of any SIG. Sure, it suffers with capacity, but it makes up for it with everything else. Change out the springs and she'll be good to go. BTW, the P225/P6 is my favorite SIG--I've got 3.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its great to hear I did ok with this price, I did not think at all I was over paying as it was in pretty good shape for being a 81. Wish I looked that good..:)

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
19,501 Posts
Those early P6's are finicky with some SD ammo because of the different feedramp angle. If you ever get a chance to buy a P225 barrel it's a good investment. I changed out the mainspring assembly on mine to the new style which reduced the trigger pull. It only required minor modification to the inside of the grip panels.

Barrel differences:

Here's the grip mods needed:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those early P6's are finicky with some SD ammo because of the different feedramp angle. If you ever get a chance to buy a P225 barrel it's a good investment. I changed out the mainspring assembly on mine to the new style which reduced the trigger pull. It only required minor modification to the inside of the grip panels.

Barrel differences:

Here's the grip mods needed:

Awesome, thank you for the tip!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the barrel/feed ramp was changed over (improved, widened and polished, as seen in bblr's photos) in 1989.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice find. The P6 fits my hand about as well as any gun I've held. Yours looks to be in pretty good shape too. Mine is a beat up enough that I've thought about sending it out somewhere, but don't really know where. But it still shoots great. Have fun with it.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,622 Posts
AIRFORCEMIKE nice acquisition, I've got a P6 ('78, M405XXX) myself, besides a P225.
I've put SigLites and Hogue G-10s on both. Gives them a little more functionality, and pizazz!

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AIRFORCEMIKE nice acquisition, I've got a P6 ('78, M405XXX) myself, besides a P225.
I've put SigLites and Hogue G-10s on both. Gives them a little more functionality, and pizazz!
wow, they both look great!!!

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
11,622 Posts
I've also put in the SRT in both, the grips were the last addition to the P6. I've had the 225 since '97, used it as off duty carry and back-up while a cop. It's on it's second set of tritium sights. The SRT kits, and the G-10s have been added within the past year. I got the P6 about 5 years or so ago at the local Gander Mountain, for about what you paid for yours.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Nice P6 with a nice price, AIRFORCEMIKE. The few nice ones I've seen lately are priced a lot higher. I wish I had picked up 2 or 3 of them when they were first imported.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.