SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings all!

I never imagined buying my own gun, but after shooting a couple friends' guns I decided that I would get my own one day. Last week I purchased a full-size 9mm P320 after doing lots of research. All in all, a solid guess would be that I've shot about 300-500 rounds of anything ranging from .40 S&W, .357 Magnum, 9mm, and 7.62x54R. Tomorrow I'll be adding around 150 rounds to that count though, and it's going to be easy after buying an UpLULA speed loader!

I really wanted a .357 SIG P226 Tacops, but the price they normally go for is out of my budget (~$1000). The ammunition is obviously more expensive as well, so my buddies convinced me into buying a 9mm handgun. It wasn't long until I figured that the P320 would be my best bet especially after physically holding it in the shop. They didn't have any NIB stock, so I opted for the display model after carefully inspecting it. The display model had a trigger lock installed at all times, and the manufacturing date on it was January 29, 2017. I only bought the gun to use on a range for fun. My church has outings to go shooting at the range sometimes as well as a couple of my friends getting bored every once in a while. I do not plan on open carrying or getting my license for concealed carry.

PS: Why don't people practice the handling of a gun as if it's loaded at all times? There have been multiple instances that I have noticed where people sweep the muzzle of a gun carelessly even if it's unloaded. I am new to this, but all it takes is one mistake! Anyways, I'm glad to have found an awesome and active community here!

· Registered
26 Posts
Welcome from CT and regarding your PS question : safety conscious gun owners ALWAYS handle their guns as if loaded. It's #1 safety rule. #2 Never point gun at something you don't want to put a hole in #3 keep finger off of trigger & #4 be sure of your target and what is behind it.

· Registered
763 Posts
Great choice for a first gun. Welcome to the community and keep practicing safety first. It IS the way to go.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.