SIG Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
596 Posts
Hmmm. It's hard to conclude they really care about taking care of you (by keeping their promise) on a timely basis. Would a call or a registered letter, return receipt to the CEO be in order? What have you got to lose by starting to play hard ball with them at this point? What is telling you they will move quickly? Have they honored their warranty? This is really disappointing being a Sig owner myself and having human empathy for you. You are very patient. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Patience isn't working. Just my thoughts. Hope it works out soon.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Thanks. As I said previously, I understand the factors involved, and I definitely have not "gotten nasty" with them at all. I'm over it - I'm headed out to go plink with some .22s and my lever .357 and enjoy my freedoms. :cool:

Hammer, I've thought about this and the "nastiest" you could get is to get a lawyer involved. That would probably get you nowhere and cost more than the gun cost, if a lawyer would even take the case under the circumstances.

I applaud your patience and recommend you keep it, even at this point. They are dealing with a virus, a govt. contract which they won't compromise, lack of workers, and...you name it. I don't think your yelling would change anything. Continued patience with them realizing you are patient, MIGHT pay off. Don't know what else to suggest. Sometimes the nice guy gets attention first. Keep us posted.

·
Banned
596 Posts
Sig is located in Newington, NH. Population 753 in the 2010 census. Does anyone actually believe there is manufacturing, management, or leadership talent there? Look it up. There's not a f-- thing near there. And they make quality firearms there? Kind of reminds me of Halloween......

·
Banned
596 Posts
You have zero clue about the area. Newington is part of Portsmouth. Nothing around? Clearly clueless. Kittery Navy Base manages to find thousands of trained techs to rebuild the nuke boats. The population is low because the majority of the town is commercial.

One of the issues with the 1911 is probably from the fact that the blank forgings are made out of the area and brought in for the milling process. Getting product from out of the country this year is difficult.
Thank you for making my point. I doubt seriously if Sig is competitive in pay. Apparently not, because they are constantly looking for "button pusher" CNC operators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts