SIG Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the DA/SA version a few weeks ago after eyeballing them at the LGS.
I field stripped and cleaned and lubed before the first range trip. I put 2-250 rounds through it then. Got it home cleaned and lubed again. I use Mobil 1 10W-30 for my gun lube. Works great.

The second trip to the range saw 300 rounds through it, no cleaning.

Today I put 520 rounds through it, no lube or cleaning. It has never had any type of malfunction in all that shooting. Ammo used was IMI ball for the first 3-400 rounds, then Independence aluminum case ball and Speer 124 gr Gold Dot.

I'm impressed! Well done Sig! :D

Attachments

· Registered
741 Posts
A P226 Legion DA/SA was my first purchase when I jumped back into centerfire pistol shooting several months ago after a long time without one. Once I added a Wolff reduced power mainspring it was awesome! Very accurate for me and totally dependable. I bought a P226RX Elite SAO last week and discovered a whole new level of accuracy, so now I am drooling over the prospects of buying a P226 Legion SAO. With the singular exception of complaints about the finish, none here as the finish on mine is just fine, and the occasional complaint about the price point (go big or go home I say) I can't imagine any real valid concerns with the Legion series of pistols unless the frame just doesn't work for an individual. SIG did a great job on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.