SIG Talk banner

My 220 Super Match review

5680 26
I've had my new Super Match for about a week now and have been to the range twice. I shot 100 rounds of Winchester white box and around 100 rounds of various trial reloads. The majority of the reloads were 230gr FMJ with various amounts of titegroup along with some 200gr lswc thrown in.

I loaded from 4.2 to 4.9, and every load cycled, the gun worked 100%. Unfortunately I wasn't able to shoot from a rest so I couldn't tell if one load was more accurate than another.

Unfortunately I'm still not that good of a shot:(, at 15 yards I can keep my shots pretty much within the 6" ring of the targets I have. Most are probably within 4", but with 30 or so shots I always get a couple of flyers.

I know I should be keeping them within a 1/2" at 15 yards one handed standing on one foot. But Im not there yet.

So after 200 rounds the gun worked flawlessly, and the bullets are probably going where I'm pointing.

So far I shoot it just as well as my BHP and 226.

The trigger pull is just over 5#, I'm hoping that it lightens up a little. But it's not bad.

I've ordered a Dawson front fiber optic sight. I'll give that a try when it comes in.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Congrats on your P220 SM!! Sounds like great shooting to me. Off hand at 15yds - I'm very happy with a 4" target...

Cheers

·
Registered
491 Posts
Absolutely a great gun. I was inches away from buying it and I still want one.
Mean while I decided to start my paper work on a suppressor.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Are you shooting for target accuracy? Please don't take this as snark, as it's not meant to be. If you're shooting for target accuracy, you should be able to call your shots. Focus on where you're at when the shot happens. Once you get that, you'll be able to tell if it's you or a flyer.

·
Premium Member
16,863 Posts
I know I should be keeping them within a 1/2" at 15 yards one handed standing on one foot. But Im not there yet..
<sigh> You're clearly a beginner. You didn't even mention the blindfold.

You need to up your game some....:lol:

BTW, you have the right gun to do it - even with the blindfold...:cool:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you shooting for target accuracy? Please don't take this as snark, as it's not meant to be. If you're shooting for target accuracy, you should be able to call your shots. Focus on where you're at when the shot happens. Once you get that, you'll be able to tell if it's you or a flyer.
When I say flyer, its me. I've shot long guns for years, but hand guns are new to me and challenging.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been back out to the range, I now have 400 trouble free rounds thru the gun. I've also replaced the front sight with a Dawson fiber optic. I like the new front sight, unfortunately my target still look the same.

I also have no complaints with the safety. And the rails look new, much better than my Legion.

Still trying a few different loads and bullets, but everything is shooting about the same. I need to get a stool and rest to really see if there is a difference.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Like your new front sight! I went with 220 Match Elite to keep with a DA/SA gun. This pistol has Grayguns P-PAK action kit and Nill extended grips.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
7,967 Posts
Ordered mine today. CDNN is super easy to deal with! This will be my third .45 220. This Signess is real, I know the symptoms, just not sure how to treat it.
Chris
LOL - Congrats on another 220!! I've battled the SIGness for years, but just ordered my 3rd 220 too. Since I have 3 P226s, there seemed a need for balance - There is NO cure...

Cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.