SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many S.TX White Tails, several feral hogs have fallen from her.

It is a pure pleasure to hold and shoot.
I have had it for 37 yrs . I hunted with it for years , simply could not just let her live in the vault.
The story.
A retirement gift from Smith Corona to a supervisor .
The man I bought it from , that was his father who worked for SC.
Paid $200 I did.

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Mills, very sharp 03A3. I've got a Remington I picked up in the early '80s, for about what you paid. They are fantastic shooters, which I personally prefer over the 03 with the forward mounted rear sights.

They aren't as finely finished as the 03, but a classic beauty in their own right!

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
What a beautiful rifle!! The 03-A3 is my favorite rifle to shoot. I own a Remington that I believe was rearsenaled and is like new. Gages minimum for headspace, throat erosion and muzzle wear. Also own a Smith Corona from 1943 with a pre war 'C' stock. It isn't original or rearsenaled but shoots lights out! My favorite rifle, one that I took to Camp Perry and shot at the Garand match years ago. Too bad I can't shoot standing up!! I still take it hunting even though I have fine scoped Browning and Benelli semi-auto rifles. You are a lucky man indeed!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.