SIG Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get a Sig threaded barrel for my P226 Legion RX.
I am looking for guidance on which break would be the best one to purchase.
The Sig OEM threaded barrel is 13.5 x 1 LHT.
Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None. Doesn’t need it unless you reload or it’s just for bling.
It will not reduce muzzle rise?
I see one is made by RANGE18.

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
If you’re going to use factory ammo, not really. Comps/muzzle brakes utilize the gasses base on Newton’s third law. Factory ammo doesn’t produce enough to make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you’re going to use factory ammo, not really. Comps/muzzle brakes utilize the gasses base on Newton’s third law. Factory ammo doesn’t produce enough to make it worthwhile.
Understtod. Thanks for the information. I was considering it because a range buddy just put a break on his Glock, with P+ ammo and noticed a difference. What you are saying is that with my 115grain factory ammo, it should not make any change other than the nose weight?

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
Understtod. Thanks for the information. I was considering it because a range buddy just put a break on his Glock, with P+ ammo and noticed a difference. What you are saying is that with my 115grain factory ammo, it should not make any change other than the nose weight?
Pretty much.

With +p, there’s more gas produced compared to factory ammo. Reloading with a slow powder (so there’s more you can put in the case) with lighter bullet like 115 Gr will be the best way in having a comp/brake.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have it on two of my guns. It may actually work, it protects your threads, looks cool, and the ladies love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts