SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for owners of MB on their 716 to give some advice.I have PRI QC brajes on a 556 and 6.8 build and I'm OK with them just wondered if anyone new of something better.Yes I know about the loud factor and the blast,I just want to tame the rise a bit in rapid fire

·
Premium Member
16,898 Posts
Reactions: rw99 and Twister

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have the DPMS Miculek on my 716 Patrol and it works as advertised.

Recoil is not bad at all... but I do still have some muzzle rise. The blast and noise are significant, but not at a "earn you dirty looks" level.

Rich

·
Registered
7,894 Posts
Am running PWS' FSC on my AR10 too. The rifle's PWS' MK216 with their long piston drive system. They make good stuff - weird videos, but great firearms 'n stuff...

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
"Here's some comparison test data on the top brakes available."

Go there for real analysis vs. mine or others personal preferences. Opinions are great, but I doubt any of us have done a real comparison side by side of 20+ different brakes as found at the link.

Reactions: rw99

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
When you really dig into the test numbers there is very little difference except a couple outliers. The brakes/comps that work the best on recoil don't necessarily do best at holding the barrel on target.
I bought one from SLR for under $25 and it works great and isn't any bigger than a normal flash hider;

Synergy Brake 308 Blem

·
Registered
213 Posts
"Here's some comparison test data on the top brakes available."

Go there for real analysis vs. mine or others personal preferences. Opinions are great, but I doubt any of us have done a real comparison side by side of 20+ different brakes as found at the link.
I prioritize staying on target (i.e. reduced muzzle rise) above all else in a brake. So this EXCELLENT comparison test is very helpful... thanks for the link.

Cliff Notes summary: the JPRE brake is hands-down MUCH better at reducing displacement from the point of aim, showing only 2 MOA movement compared to 7 MOA for the next best brake. Others in the test moved from 8 to 21 (!) MOA. Movement without brake was 28 MOA. Caveat: rifle used was a custom build, 24" heavy barrel, using 6XC in 105 gr.

The JPRE brake looks like it's built specifically to blast anyone in the lanes next to you, though. Does anyone here have one on their SIG 716? How bad is it for your neighbors? Do you experience the same improvement in muzzle control?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Rich

·
Registered
294 Posts
I prioritize staying on target (i.e. reduced muzzle rise) above all else in a brake. So this EXCELLENT comparison test is very helpful... thanks for the link.

The JPRE brake looks like it's built specifically to blast anyone in the lanes next to you, though. Does anyone here have one on their SIG 716? How bad is it for your neighbors? Do you experience the same improvement in muzzle control?

Thanks in advance for any info,

Rich
I've tried a number of different ones and I'm now running a custom one made locally but no matter what one I run I always seem to have the dirty look from the guy next door at the range... and to add to that, mine likes to hail mary the brass.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.