SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Midwest industries 3 chamber muzzle brake like the one used on the M400 and a VG6. The VG6 arrived and is beautiful but the Midwest industries came in an opened package covered in oil. The threads have a spot or two that the coating is scratched off. For a $20 muzzle brake I’m not too ****** off but I would like to put it on my Remington 700 LTR but I’m kind of scared of messing up the threads on my rifle.

Attachments

·
Banned
17,715 Posts
Screw it on gently and if you encounter resistance before it's all the way on, take it off and toss it or return it.

I would tell you to chase the threads but I have no idea where you'd get something that big to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to screw it on and I didn’t get some resistance about a quarter of the way on. By the time I felt the resistance it screwed past it and went the rest of the way on without a problem. I took it back off and looked at the threads and had a spot where it rubbed some of the coating off. I purchased from Primary arms so I think I will reach out to them and bring it to their attention.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I ordered a Midwest industries 3 chamber muzzle brake like the one used on the M400 and a VG6. The VG6 arrived and is beautiful but the Midwest industries came in an opened package covered in oil. The threads have a spot or two that the coating is scratched off. For a $20 muzzle brake I’m not too ****** off but I would like to put it on my Remington 700 LTR but I’m kind of scared of messing up the threads on my rifle.
Return it

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Typical M.Ind craftsmanship.
Send it back.

Install the Aero Precision VG6 & don't look back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts