SIG Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Timney trigger in my Ruger SR556 and think it's great.
I know of the MPX aftermarket trigger issues do to the agressive action of the MPX design. This Timney video suggests their 662s, 2stage is designed specifically for 9mm carbines.
Anyone have experience with it in their MPX?
https://youtu.be/uU7greKtYgU

· Registered
86 Posts
I have the Targa 2 in mine. Replaced a Giessele SSA. I like it. I emailed back and forth with Timney regarding using it in the MPX and they assured me it is good to go. They said their single stage triggers can not be used in the MPX. I do not have a ton of rounds through it yet with the Timney (maybe 300-400). i had a pin walk out a little but i don think i had the set screw tight enough.

· Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the Targa 2 in mine. Replaced a Giessele SSA. I like it. I emailed back and forth with Timney regarding using it in the MPX and they assured me it is good to go. They said their single stage triggers can not be used in the MPX. I do not have a ton of rounds through it yet with the Timney (maybe 300-400). i had a pin walk out a little but i don think i had the set screw tight enough.
Thanks much for the advisement! I haven't even taken my MPX to the range yet. Cleaned and ready to go. (With the stock trigger first) I was waiting on the SB Tactical brace.
I happened across the YouTube video and having the Timney in my gas piston AR, I knew what an improvement it would be, thanks again!

· Registered
38 Posts
Side note. BFS 3 works great in the MPX also.

About 600 rounds so far.
Interesting....very cool...I'm getting a MPX pistol this Monday or Tuesday. I checked out a MPX today and the stock trigger felt like it was a gritty 20lbs...lol...seriously awful but I'll fire it Stock for a few hundred rounds first....but definitely I'm use to my Geiselle SSE triggers in my AR's and The Geiselle Super SCAR trigger so I'm spoiled that way.

Can you tell me any tips or tricks to get the BFS3 to work in the Sig MPX?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.