SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. I'm very interested in purchasing an MPX pistol and converting it into an SBR. The ergonomics on the thing are just simply badass. I have done a bunch of research for it and obviously came across the blowback issue and the gas to face issue which I know are two separate things. I also understand that the diameter of the can as well as the ammo both have an effect on the two scenarios. I've heard the Octane 9 does not do well with the MPX but the Osprey 45 works just fine. I do however already have an Omega 9k to go with it so I was wondering if you guys had any personal experiences with the MPX specifically with the Omega 9k. Would love to hear if you are having any blowback or too much gas in the face. I would just hate to spend all that money and be unsatisfied. I know some gas is inevitable while running it suppressed, I just don't want it to be unbearable. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I can not speak for the 9mm cans but I am 100% happy with my 3 lugged Rugged Obsidian .45 I use on my mpx pistol. Very little gas blowback on it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yep, I find the MPX unshootable with the Octane 9 with so much gas blowback can hardly breath after a mag. Osprey 45 is better but not great. Have a Rugged Obsidian approved that I'll try with 3 lug and hope that works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
The Omega 9K isnt bad at all woth gas blowback with the MPX. My 320 is worse, at least for me, when it comes to blowback. The only pain in the rear is my direct thread mount coming loose after about 20 rounds or so.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The MPX wasn't bad with a Gemtech Tundra.

Now if you want to talk about gas in the face, try the Tavor X95 suppressed. Two or three rounds and that's enough.

·
Premium Member
18,372 Posts
The Omega 9K isnt bad at all woth gas blowback with the MPX. My 320 is worse, at least for me, when it comes to blowback. The only pain in the rear is my direct thread mount coming loose after about 20 rounds or so.
A couple things you might try to help alleviate the loosening problem:

Put an O-ring over the threads of the barrel and push to the back of the threads. This will hold the suppressor on firmly when snugged up against the O-ring.

Or

Get a strap wrench to hold the barrel while you torque the suppressor down. That will eliminate the issue.

Craftsman 2 pc 16'' Rubber Strap Wrench Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K92810A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Wkm8yb9EZWKCT

·
Registered
404 Posts
Too much gas? Really? 4.5" MPX with 9K. Virtually no blowback. Can't embed video from phone for some dumb reason.

https://youtu.be/sXdCB0OJBms

Reactions: sigmpx2017

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is exactly what I have in NFA jail at my dealer now. MPX factory SBR and 9K. I'm expecting this do be a sweet combo. Already got an additional 4.5" barrel and gas block assembly from ILWT waiting on my stamp(s). Glad you are happy with it!

Too much gas? Really? 4.5" MPX with 9K. Virtually no blowback. Can't embed video from phone for some dumb reason.

https://youtu.be/sXdCB0OJBms

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a PTP Tactial Ranger 11B on my MPX and it works perfect - I've shot reloaded, new, supersonic and subsonic 90gr, 115gr, 124gr, 147gr and 158gr and all have shot perfect.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I've got a K pistol inbound that I'll have tomorrow. Planning on the Omega 9k.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’ve had my MPX Gen II pistol for about a year now, love it! Nice lady at the ATF said my Omega 9K has been approved so I should get my stamp around the first of the year. I’ll give a range report after I try it out. I’m expecting some gas as I shoot it left handed.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I’m waiting for my mpx k to get out of jail. I plan on using the Octane 45. Anyone using that setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep, I find the MPX unshootable with the Octane 9 with so much gas blowback can hardly breath after a mag. Osprey 45 is better but not great. Have a Rugged Obsidian approved that I'll try with 3 lug and hope that works well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have an MPX with a Osprey 45 and don't notice an gas-in-the-face at all.

I've got a .223 with 10-1/2" and a specwar 762 and get more puff-to-face.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I’ve had my MPX Gen II pistol for about a year now, love it! Nice lady at the ATF said my Omega 9K has been approved so I should get my stamp around the first of the year. I’ll give a range report after I try it out. I’m expecting some gas as I shoot it left handed.
Finally found time to run 50 rounds of SIG 147gr FMJ through my 8" MPX and Omega 9k. Like I said I shoot it left handed so yeah I could definatly feel the gas and particles hitting my face even with ear and eye pro and ball cap on. Didn't bother me as much near the end of the 50 rounds. Sure seemed quit. Was at an indoor range. Still very fun to shoot. Good for me for home defense.

·
Registered
6,138 Posts
I have the SCO Hybrid, and I am having cycling issues. Lots of FTE's using Freedom Munitions Hush Ammo 147gr. I wish the gas was adjustable, not sure what to do to fix the issue.
Try a different load. Do you have issues when running anything else?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts