SIG Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a PCC. Now I have to admit, I am a Sig fanboy. My family and I own several Sig handguns and an M400...looking to add a P229 Legion.

My wife and I are at a crossroad. We love the MPX K (trigger, light recoil, feel), but are concerned with the long-term reliability and ability to be a good suppressor host. It just seems like there’s reliability issues brought up in a lot of threads or reviews. It’s expensive, but I have a job that pays more than federal unemployment. Too soon?

We also love the Banshee. Awesome little setup. I like the fact that they now offer the AR conversion lower so I can run 9mm and swap out to a 300 BO upper...pretty cool. It’s a nice platform (soft shooting, very reliable and can be multiple guns in one. It’s cheaper, but i am willing to pay for the right choice.

Any thoughts, experience, advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.

Sorry, couldn’t resist. Welcome to Sigtalk. It sounds to me like you are already talking yourself into the Banshee. Honestly you really can’t go wrong either way. My 8” MPX has been ultra reliable and makes a great suppressor host. Can’t vouch for the K models. My favorite sub gun suppressor host is without a doubt my Zenith. MP5 clones are just made to run suppressed. Good luck in your search. You definitely will be paying top dollar right now for whatever you decide to go with.

·
Premium Member
3,769 Posts
I have an 8” gen 2 I shoot in competition and have shot a friend’s Banshee (10.5”) in competition as well. I like the MPX better because the recoil is non-existent compared to the blowback Banshee. Shooting them suppressed, I like the Banshee better because there’s no gas blowback to my face compared to the MPX (not much but will be worse on a 4.5” MPX -k).

Accuracy is similar. For competition, I’ll choose the MPX all day but for plinking and shooting suppressed, I’ll take the Banshee.

·
Banned
1,920 Posts
I am not a fan at all of these 30+ magazines sticking straight down, aka glock mags.

The design and curvature of the MPX mags are a plus to not only shooting from varied positions, especially prone, but they look damn nice too!

Reactions: Sig Dale

·
Registered
505 Posts
I had both and both are great PCCs but I sold the MPX K. MPX K had a 4.5” barrel vs CMMG Banshee’s 5” barrel. My MPX K was stock but my Banshee has VLTOR A5 tube/flat spring/hydraulic buffer/9ARC lower. MPX K felt softer but both shoot flat. Banshee was the better suppressor host. Out of the box, the MPX K is the nicer firearm but I enjoy shooting my Banshee more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in the market for a PCC. Now I have to admit, I am a Sig fanboy. My family and I own several Sig handguns and an M400...looking to add a P229 Legion.

My wife and I are at a crossroad. We love the MPX K (trigger, light recoil, feel), but are concerned with the long-term reliability and ability to be a good suppressor host. It just seems like there’s reliability issues brought up in a lot of threads or reviews. It’s expensive, but I have a job that pays more than federal unemployment. Too soon?

We also love the Banshee. Awesome little setup. I like the fact that they now offer the AR conversion lower so I can run 9mm and swap out to a 300 BO upper...pretty cool. It’s a nice platform (soft shooting, very reliable and can be multiple guns in one. It’s cheaper, but i am willing to pay for the right choice.

Any thoughts, experience, advice will be appreciated.
The Banshee looks amazing, but quality control sucks from my perspective. I purchased a Banshee MK17 9mm and from the first magazine, the trigger reset is garbage. In my first outing I fired 100 rounds….probably 40 times the trigger failed to reset. Not sure I got more than 2 or 3 rounds in a row to fire. The gunsmith at the range took it apart and fiddled around with the safety and the trigger, then lubricated everything. But no real improvement. I contacted CMMG and they basically said I can send the gun back for repair (would take several months due to back log) or they will send me parts and I can try to fix it myself. I am reasonably handy, but not a gun smith. This sucks for a $1600 gun….all these reviews are positive….but they sell me a lemon and will do nothing about it. Don’t waste your money.

·
Registered
159 Posts
FoxtrotMikes sells 9mm and .45 PCC/pistols for under $1,000 that work great. Yes straight blow back action but simple and easy to use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts