SIG Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at this ad. Is this legit? The price seems too good to be true and the seller has no ratings. I'm surprised that it hasn't sold already, although it's listed under the rifle category. I'm not in the market, but I'm curious about this one...

Thoughts?

MPX-K Gunbroker Ad

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Seller says the MPX is factory new. No way; stay away! The second magazine is a "dead give away" as are the light and red dot!

Bill

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This was my feeling too. Fortunately, I already have mine, so there was no temptation. If I didn't already own one, I might consider asking the seller if he would meet at a gun store for examination. He lives not too far out of reasonable driving distance from me. It would be interesting to hear how he responded to that. Like I said, though, I'm not going to bother.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to wrap this one up, this seller got three F ratings and the account is no longer valid. Hopefully no one lost money to this guy. It serves as a warning to the rest of us...

ETA: Here is the name and address for the scammer, as posted by one of his potential victims.

Jerry Leming 3311 NW Hickory Ridge Ln. Topeka, KS 66618

1 - 11 of 11 Posts