SIG Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since I live in CA (I know, I know), I had to make my MPX carbine featureless or register it as an "assault weapon". I replace the Sig grip with a Magpul MIAD and added an Exile Machine Backfin to make it not have a "pistol grip" (an evil feature in CA).

·
Registered
180 Posts
I added:
1) HexMag Advanced Tactical Grip …..PolyHex2 Composite, with three-angle adjustments to choose from…comes in Black and FDE (about $28).

2) Arisaka Defense Vertical Grip for KeyMod handguards. Has a radiused profile at the top which tapers to meet the handguard mounting surface for low-profile feel. (Height: 2.50", Width: 1.30", Weight: 1.8 oz). Grip is CNC machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and MIL-A-8625 Type III hard coat anodized ($30)

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have read that there are problems because the MPX has two springs as opposed to the standard one spring. Can I use a Magpul MIAD or is this a big deal to tuck the other spring into a place it isn't supposed to go?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
I have read that there are problems because the MPX has two springs as opposed to the standard one spring. Can I use a Magpul MIAD or is this a big deal to tuck the other spring into a place it isn't supposed to go?
My MPX had the 2 springs but the grip only had one hole, it was tricky trying to keep the 2nd spring straight while I put the replacement grip on but it basically just compresses down. Haven't had an issue so far.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.