SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to jump into a suppressor for my Gen 2 MPX. Considering the Rugged Obsidian 9.
This will also run on my P320, 226 and maybe 365 but certainly the 1st two.

Anybody running this on any Sigs?
What else do you like on your MPX.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
The MPX is a gassy SOB when suppressed. The more volume the better. I run both an Osprey 45 and an Omega 9k on mine. The 9k makes me cry like a little Antifa panty waste after taking a bean bag to the sack. The Osprey allows me to breathe air cleaner than a September night in Seattle. I feel like the Obsidian 9 would do it justice but I can’t speak from experience.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You might look at the Dead Air Wolfman. Mine is still in jail but reviews of MPX owners have been great! The can has capacious volume so there is very little back pressure/over gassing. The modularity allows compactness if that is preferred.

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've run an Octane 45 and Hybrid 46 on mine. Octane makes me cry and the Hybrid is really only mildly better. Maybe I'm overly sensitive, maybe my MPX is more overgassed than normal.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I've run an Octane 45 and Hybrid 46 on mine. Octane makes me cry and the Hybrid is really only mildly better. Maybe I'm overly sensitive, maybe my MPX is more overgassed than normal.
Do you use the 9mm end cap or the 46 cap that came with the can?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
2nd on DE's Wolfman. I like Wolfie's volume, modular design and 300Blk compatable. Osprey 45 is a fav for our bedside FNX-45T, but want the option to cover MPX-K's can with handguard too.

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
I run the Osprey 45 on my Gen 2 and I don't have a problem with gas. It runs fine and is a blast to shoot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Omega 9k - to me, it's the perfect size for swapping between pistols and 9mm pcc's. A little gassy but I've never used a suppressor that wasn't at least a little gassy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone messed around with the ILWT adjustable gas plugs?

I recently tried my Rex Silentium .358 bored MG7 on my 8 inch MPX. Really no added gas over the standard, unsuppressed offering. I was super pleased. Being that its a 1.7 inch diameter can, i'm not surprised.

I have a wolfman in jail that should mirror the performance of the Rex can.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've tried a large 30 cal can that had a large enough bore size to pass them tightly....loud
I've got an Osprey 9 on one.... loud
I've got an AAC Evo 9 on one..... loud

sell it and get a 300 BO MCX. Much quieter with better range and the option to go supersonic

·
Registered
360 Posts
So bottom line, you get gassed no matter what the can is? Plus it's really loud? Oy.

My 9mm AR doesn't seem bad at all.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
So bottom line, you get gassed no matter what the can is? Plus it's really loud? Oy.

My 9mm AR doesn't seem bad at all.
It’s not really loud when you run subs. No clue what he’s talking about. I don’t get gassed with the Osprey 45.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yep yep...Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...it’s all subjective..have osprey45k on my copperhead (original integrated flash hider that was chopped and threaded by zr tactical) so even shorter) and shoots beautifully with 115 124 and subsonics...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I mean I've got 20 tax stamps and I've shot dozens of suppressors that I don't own so my advice is pretty experienced. It's not hearing unsafe but they aren't impressive. I had a 16" AR 9mm that was very quiet. My thought was it was the barrel length that helped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm actually loving my SRD9 on the MPX. 4" Sig barrel, and it's a /little/ gassy, but nothing too crazy. Not the quietest gun/suppressor combo I own either (hello .300 BLK/SRD762), but with subs certainly not bad to my non-professional ear. I know the other suppressors mentioned in this thread are great, just wanted to throw out my experience as well.

·
Registered
112 Posts
No disrespect intended but again people sharing subjective experiences...what’s gassy for some may be fine for others...my ghetto fabulous homemade (yes stamped) flashlight can is awesome (quiet and soft) on tavorx95 in 9mm but makes me cry...osprey shines on copperhead and no tears...get what u get and report back...a year later...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts