SIG Talk banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Custom Smith Manufacturing has tailhook adapters for those who don't like the swivel "brace" thingy (see link). Evidently it requires you to drill a small set-screw hole (though perhaps you could stop the swivel from swiveling with your own set-screw design). :)

https://customsmithmfg.com/shop?olsPage=products/sig-mcxmpxrattler-brace-to-tailhook-adapter

AFTERMARKET CAPTAIN OBVIOUS QUESTION:

WHY has no one made aftermarket magazines for the MPX? I see a few kinds for the Scorpion. If someone makes a reliable $35 magazine, they can print their own money. How much more difficult can it be than an EVO Scorpion mag?

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
AFTERMARKET CAPTAIN OBVIOUS QUESTION:

WHY has no one made aftermarket magazines for the MPX? I see a few kinds for the Scorpion. If someone makes a reliable $35 magazine, they can print their own money. How much more difficult can it be than an EVO Scorpion mag?
The MPX magazine has two strikes against it. The mold to make the magazine is very expensive to make. The MPX magazine market is very limited, so it's hard to recover the capital cost of the molds.

Bill

·
🎖USN Retired
4,334 Posts
Thanks for this thread! I'm interested in the recoil reducer buffer. What's the word from those using them? Do they work well? Any problems induced as a result of using them?
I had been using one since December. I cut one coil to make it easier to reinstall the upper. So far, so good. No problems after 7100 rounds. I compete with my MPX 3-4 times a month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, do you know of a site that sell rear takedown pins plus pivot pin detent for the Sig MPX Gen 2? Or know of the specific model #? Can't seem to find info online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
745 Posts
Hi guys, do you know of a site that sell rear takedown pins plus pivot pin detent for the Sig MPX Gen 2? Or know of the specific model #? Can't seem to find info online. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
If SIG wont do it...a good source is https://www.midwestgunworks.com/sig-sauer-mpx/parts.html

They may not be separate offerings but part of the more expensive "kit".

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Thanks for the info. It will come in handy seeing how I just bought a Sig MPX-K -9mm. Just put a Romeo5XDR red dot on it and looking to put some backup sights on it also. :):)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Though this company is already mentioned, this is a new product IIRC.

https://inleadwetrust.com/product/updated-mpx-bolt-carrier-group-complete-ion-bond/

A complete MPX BCG, what they're calling Gen III but compatible with what's out there for $285.00

I missed out on these by 2 days. I contacted Rob and he said they wouldn't be getting any more. I then reached out to my SIG rep, and 4 days later, this was on my porch.

Best part is, with 25% off, it only cost me $186.75!

21 - 40 of 86 Posts