SIG Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many of us are waiting for an aftermarket-charging handle for the MPX and I assume the MCX. I received this reply to my inquiry about one from Radian Weapons (makers of the Raptor); “The MPX has not been forgotten and is close to it's completion. Please sign up for our newsletter as that is where we will be releasing more information.

Cheers!”

·
Registered
47 Posts
Any updates at all? I love my raptor on ar15s and want on for my MPX!

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is the problem with the factory charging handle? It is ambi and seems sturdy enough. Are you guys having problems?
It's a flimsy POS.
The Next Level part is just that, next level...i don't get the impression that it will fail under use like the stock part.
I also like having spare parts available... Sig has been stingy with spare parts so purchasing the NLA part allows me to put the factory unit in the spares pouch.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Any thoughts on which aftermarket MPX handle "might" be better. I have no experience with either NLA or Radian products so ask the interweb right?

Get the NLA now or wait for the Radian?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm running the NLA and love it. It has taken the slop out and the rub on the back of the MPX, I am also testing the MCX now for them, so look for them to hit the market soon.

It will surprise me if Radian gets theirs out, as they promised one for the M&P 15-22 and never delivered.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will order one for my MCX immediately when available. Have a Raptor on my piston AR and love it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm running the NLA and love it. It has taken the slop out and the rub on the back of the MPX, I am also testing the MCX now for them, so look for them to hit the market soon.

It will surprise me if Radian gets theirs out, as they promised one for the M&P 15-22 and never delivered.
Very excited for the MCX models...Its good to hear NLA already has prototypes out to folks for testing. I love seeing your posts on the gram, don't suppose you'll update it with your thoughts on the MCX version?

Honestly either one would work for me, but I do prefer the look of the AXTS/Radian one simply because I already have Raptors in several of my ARs. Chances are I'll end up ordering both to try them out and it never hurts having spare parts.

I spoke with Tom Presley from Radian, he was under the assumption the MPX model would be available this month or next, with the MCX model to follow shortly after...Not holding my breath on that timeline though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Very excited for the MCX models...Its good to hear NLA already has prototypes out to folks for testing. I love seeing your posts on the gram, don't suppose you'll update it with your thoughts on the MCX version?

Honestly either one would work for me, but I do prefer the look of the AXTS/Radian one simply because I already have Raptors in several of my ARs. Chances are I'll end up ordering both to try them out and it never hurts having spare parts.

I spoke with Tom Presley from Radian, he was under the assumption the MPX model would be available this month or next, with the MCX model to follow shortly after...Not holding my breath on that timeline though.
The MCX version handle works great so far, it is so much better then the factory one. It too is rock solid and has no slop, also comes with billet steel lifter block to replace the factory plastic one. I will post more on Instagram once I get my MCX back together, I have it tore apart to do some cerakoating on it, I'm playing with mixing different colors for something different. Once and trying to mod a PRS GEN3 stock on it and got a new Vortex Viper PST Gen2, 2-10x32 scope for it. Really looking forward finishing it up and getting it to the range.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts