SIG Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MPX Accu Wedge Upper Lower Plunger?

Hey all I just picked up a Gen 2 MPX I love it!

That being said I read online that there was a accu wedge type plunger that kept the lower and upper tight and it looks like mine doesnt have it installed?

Is this something they removed from the Gen 2s?

·
Registered
363 Posts
The accuwedge is just a piece of rubber that goes in your lower that squeezes between the rear takeown hole on your upper and lower. To my knowledge, they don't come standard in any firearms, not sure why they would. I know my buddy that has a m400 that comes with a spring plunger type thingy on the lower that pushes up on the upper, which is essentially the same thing.

If you want one, they are super cheap to buy, although you might have to cut some material off for a proper fit. I've used one in my M&P Sport II to get rid of some rattling, does what its suppose to but completely unnecessary.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The accuwedge is made for the AR15 platform. I'm not very familiar with the MPX so I'm gonna leave it up to people that know more than me to answer this one. The best way to find out is call Sig or comment on that youtube video

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx Jkao ya I know I could have titled the thread better.

I am asking about the spring loaded pin that he has in his MPX factory.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does your receiver look like it was milled for the spring and pin? (Is there a hole there?) I have a gen 2 and it has the "tension pin" and spring. ( pushes up on the part of the upper that the rear take down pin goes through ) If it is milled for it, how is the fit between upper and lower? (Maybe it's only installed if there is excessive "slop" between upper and lower?
*pure speculation *)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts