SIG Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I did a cover plate for my P320 C RX when the Romeo 1 is not on the slide. But I need shorter screws and don't want to shorten the original ones.
Does anyone know the size of this screws? Tried UNF Nr. 6-40 but didnt fit :(
Here a picture of my work so far.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice work on that plate!

You might try metric screw: M3x0.5 maybe?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I called Sig customer service when I stripped the screw for the magwell on my x5 grip and they gave me the measurements for the part - got 3 replacements for 75 cents at Lowe's.

It was M3.0 x 0.5 for the magwell so maybe the guy above isn't too far off. Might just need to check the length. But call then first and ask!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
121 Posts
Standard Romeo1 Mounting screw is a #6-48 x 5/16 long.
Yours may be shorter if you don't have .188 material under the screw head.

I came up with this so I don't have to change the screws.
A friend is printing it for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
June 8, 2018 — I spoke to Sig Sauer customer support (Brian) and he confirmed the Romeo1 mounting bolt size. THESE ARE THE BOLTS THAT COME WITH THE ROMEO1 for mounting on the X-Five and X-Carry. THESE ARE THE BOLTS THAT MOUNT FROM ATOP THE ROMEO1 AND NOT FROM UNDER THE SLIDES.

Bolt size: #6-48 UNS x 11mm
Torque to 25 in/lbs.

For those who are not familiar with bolt specs, this is an Imperial (English) #6 gauge bolt, the thread pitch is 48 threads/inch by 11mm length. The head is 1/8" hex, but of course you can use Torx or whatever you can find. The "UNS" stands for the "Unified Screw Thread SPECIAL".

You can read all about bolt specs on this site:
https://www.yamawa.com/en/support/tips/pdf/tips-010.pdf

Hope this helps. Thanks Brian at SIG for the good customer support. He sent me a set free of charge! Totally unexpected. My mouth is still open... Ha

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you guys dig up the .stl file from the creator I’d e happy to print it and mail it to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.