SIG Talk banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Brommeland Max Con holsters are best I have ever used. I have 4 of them for different pistols and just love how they ride and draw out of.
Gotta agree that Gary makes fantastic holsters, worth the wait. I have Def-Cons OWB for three of my guns and Max-Cons for two. I'm thinking about getting another Def-Con for my P365 too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Most Comfortable Holster for Today

Like Many I have several, But currently I've got two in My everyday rotation I Have a Desantis Mini Slide which is a Leather OWB that rides High (I Never tuck in My shirts) so it conceals very well and Yes its like its not even there..* and for wearing Shorts or Swimming suits Ive got a DTOM (dont tread on Me) Fanny pack that has a Fast rip open compartment for either right or left hand draw.. both of these provide the Feeling of Not carrying anything...... For Me... Today ... This Year.. You know what I Mean.. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
leather is and will always be the bast. i have have seen a comfortable plastic holster. i am 89 and have own them all i have 3 or 4 plastic for the p365 @ 3 or 4 glock 48 all bran new
i can sell real cheap
Interested in what you have.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I liked raven tactical. It’s basically a trigger guard with a clip on it, but make sure to upgrade to the metal clip. Very minimalistic.

The only reason I don’t use it anymore is because it doesn’t work with the crimson trace.

Ya the Raven concealment Vanguard 2. Excellent (barely a) holster. I loved mine but had it back when I owned a glock and they only made them for that pistol brand at the time. Like mentioned it’s literally a cover for the trigger guard with a belt loop/clip and a “wing” (if you choose to mount it).

It’s about as minimalist as you can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’m currently using the G-Code phenom Stealth and while I was somewhat skeptical I have to say it’s the best kydex type holster I’ve ever worn. Stays where you put it without any sag and it’s comfortable all day. Very lightweight and the single clip is solid as a rock. It has cant adjustment and a “wing” that actually works as advertised. The build quality is top notch! Can’t say enough good about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
I carry a P365XL in a Desantis Slim-tuk IWB holster. I wear it at 3:30 and it is comfortable and conceals very easily. It is made of kydex with the clip offset to the rear and can be worn strong side or appendix. Bought mine on Amazon for less than $20.

·
Registered
954 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
The JM4 Tactical is the most comfortable in the waist band I have found. It is virtually invisible when worn with just a T-shirt and shorts. You don't need a belt and it holds to your clothes on the draw so it doesn't come with the pistol. I have one for the 365-xl and 1 for the Hellcat. Both have optic cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
I carry IWB P938 with Viridian laser. I use this GALCO holster. Very comfortable. I have a drawer full of less comfortable holsters.
IMG_3425.jpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Vedder Light Tuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know a lot of people like the Vedder holsters and the light tuck in particular but for me it has two strikes against it. First it is Kydex and not leather and I have yet to find a Kydex that conforms to my body like leather. Instead my body has to conform to its hard shell. Second those belt clips can easily be pulled off unless the bottom J catches on the belt. No belt, then forget it, it is coming along for the ride. Get it really hooked well on the belt (has to be metal to do the job well) and it can be a pain to get it free when you need to take it off. In hot humid and sticky Florida weather it is not comfortable to have Kydex in contact with your skin.

Those are my cons and reason I don't care for them. I'm sure there are reasons some don't like leather too.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I know a lot of people like the Vedder holsters and the light tuck in particular but for me it has two strikes against it. First it is Kydex and not leather and I have yet to find a Kydex that conforms to my body like leather. Instead my body has to conform to its hard shell. Second those belt clips can easily be pulled off unless the bottom J catches on the belt. No belt, then forget it, it is coming along for the ride. Get it really hooked well on the belt (has to be metal to do the job well) and it can be a pain to get it free when you need to take it off. In hot humid and sticky Florida weather it is not comfortable to have Kydex in contact with your skin.

Those are my cons and reason I don't care for them. I'm sure there are reasons some don't like leather too.

Why would anyone wear a holster with a belt clip without a belt?

When I wear BB shorts or sweatpants I use a Alien Gear Belly Band that has gun belt loops on the inside that the holster belt clip securely attaches to. Works like a charm.

I have no issues with leather holsters. I just prefer the hard kydex covering the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2 Posts
Raw dog holster? Hi- new to the forum. Anyone use a raw dog holster? I’m not a new shooter but new to Sig and love it! Carried my Glock 23 for years until I tried the P365. Just exchanged for the XL grip and it’s amazing with a 15 round mag. Loved it so much I had to get the P320 RXP X compact just because! Anyways, seeing if anyone used a RawDog holster for leather incorporated into the backside for IWB...???

101 - 120 of 130 Posts