SIG Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have to admit that after reading through some of the comments on another thread, I'm intrigued. I went to the Glock sight for MOS and it has a neat little "advantage" section that compares the two pistols...one with and one without....ok, so I took the freakin hook.

From those of you who actually have used them, either with work or have experience with them on the range working to improve your skills, what are the real pros/cons? What do you like, dislike? The G-Code actually makes an INCOG rig that accommodates these optics, and with what I'm thinking, I may want to give it a look. Help a brotha out!:lol:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Well some are going to have way more experience then I have to this point, just a couple of months so take it for whatever its worth. But I am a huge fan. I'm 52 so my eye sight is no longer what it used to be so the ability to acquire a clear sight very quickly with the red dot is great. No question my transitions to multiple targets are much faster. It took a good range session or two but my speed at presentation on the target is just as fast if not faster.

One handed, no comparison. Distance, really beyond 10-15 yards, no comparison. One handed at distance, easy. From a carry standpoint, less than an oz of added weight so no issue there. I really haven't experienced any con at this point. Durability is the big question and that can only be answered over time. Battery on my romeo 1 has been great, no issues. One thing many struggle with is searching for the dot but I have found that if I present and just frame the optic towards the target, the red dot appears right where I want it to. Not trying to see the front sight but just the "framing" the optic has seemed to allow me to pick up the dot right where you want it, if that makes sense.

One other thing I have noticed, is that it seems that the red dot is making me a better shooter when using just iron sights. With the red dot, it will clearly show your flaws you may have with your grip or trigger press from the standpoint of you see the dot bouncing all around. This has allowed me to make adjustments that I would have really never picked up or noticed with just using my iron sight because you are not magnifying whats going on with what you see with the red dot.

So to this point my experience has been extremely positive, much more that I would have thought. I have seen a couple newer shooters who really struggled with the optic. My observation was they had very poor shooting fundamentals and it wasn't the easy fix they expected. A poor trigger press, is a poor trigger press, with or without an optic. Same goes for a poor grip.

·
Banned
6,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
3,078 Posts
Once you set the red dot to zero its amazingly accurate and quick getting back on target.

I shoot all pistols about 2" left and about the same high but with my G34MOS with Trijicon RM01 I am bullseye consistently and make one big hole unloading the mag instead of a bunch of little ones.

I could practice more but do not have time anymore since I work all the time and could improve my accuracy with regular sights. My Sig 1911Max with adjustable rear sights is set for bullseye shooting also and I guess I could use a sight pusher to fix the other pistols but won't.

Anyone can shoot great with it. I wouldn't carry with one though since i'd rather be concealed carry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts