SIG Talk banner

More stupid questions. Barrel conversions.

921 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Malicious Compliance
Fortunately folks around here seem to give smart answers.

I have an older, 2005 or so factory electroless nickel P229 in .40. My first sig....I know I can drop a .357 barrel in and be good to go.

I also know my M11A1 is born and will stay a 9, so that's that.

I'm curious about experience with the .40 to 9mm, is the conversion a reasonably close equivalent to a factory born 9mm? I'm thinking a p226 .40 or .357 SSE with three barrels would be a blast since I don't have a p226. I just am curious if I want to shoot 9mm half the time If I'm going to wish I had just bought a 9.

Are there any instances of issues with slide damage or "stuff" with the conversion barrels other than the .40/.357? Sure hate to screw up my p229.

Has anyone tried the .400 Corbon in a P220? Could be fun.....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
See less
Fortunately folks around here seem to give smart answers.

I have an older, 2005 or so factory electroless nickel P229 in .40. My first sig....I know I can drop a .357 barrel in and be good to go.

I also know my M11A1 is born and will stay a 9, so that's that.

I'm curious about experience with the .40 to 9mm, is the conversion a reasonably close equivalent to a factory born 9mm? I'm thinking a p226 .40 or .357 SSE with three barrels would be a blast since I don't have a p226. I just am...
See more
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,916 Posts
Steel hat has the right of it.
My 2 239s are a little different because of my days as a bullseye shooter.
I have #8 front sights, and # 10 rears.
At 15 yds. A 3X5 card, stapled vertically is perforated by all 3 calibers, from a 6 :00 hold.
Don't need it better then that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.