SIG Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a site selling a " SIG W2269MM 9MM MK25 FR TB NS 1PC GRIP"

Any idea what it is?? Is it possible that Sig is offering MK with a threaded barrel?? Any speculation or actual knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
55,072 Posts
that's what is sounds like it is with ns & e2 grips, not sure what "fr" is.

they have so many new ones it's hard to keep up.

·
Registered
21,384 Posts
I noticed a site selling a " SIG W2269MM 9MM MK25 FR TB NS 1PC GRIP"

Any idea what it is?? Is it possible that Sig is offering MK with a threaded barrel?? Any speculation or actual knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
The "FR" means "frame". There are a couple of different "Special Configuration" P226s thave have been released. Both are built on the MK25 frame (with corrosion protection, etc.) and the true mil-spec Picatinny rail, but have a different slide (no anchor) and usually different grips. One version has E2 ergo grips and another has rosewood grips.

I've seen some sellers that, you can tell by their ads know little about the firearms they are selling, indicate it is equipped with SRT (Short Resert Trigger) but I do not believe that to be true. I have a MK25 and know it does not have the SRT. Further, when the seller shows a photo of the sticker that contains the model description, it never lists SRT under the model number. I've never seen a model that has SRT that didn't say SRT under the model number in the lsit of options.

One with a threaded barrel will be the first I've seen of these "Special Configurations" that has that. Just know it isn't the "official MK25" with the cute little anchor on the slide. But same frame anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts