SIG Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my first Sig, the Mk 25. Loved the gun out of the box, but there were a few very minor tweaks I wanted to make to it to get it to really fit me perfectly.

1. Change the grips to the E2 grips. This solved two issues for me. The first is that I have small/medium sized hands. The E2 grips are a much better size for my grip. I also hated the bump on the grip right where my thumb is that made gripping the pistol naturally want to go into a thumbs down type grip.
2. Gray Guns P-STR8 trigger. This thing is awesome. Get rid of the pre and post travel on the trigger. Also, I love when I fire double action, being able to place my finger as low on the trigger as possible. Sure it creates a longer trigger pull, but it also makes it lighter and easier to ease back to the breaking point.
3. Inforce APL (gen 2). Love the way this light operates. Also, I find the 200 lumens plenty sufficient for me. To be hones though, I was surprised at how lightweight it is. Was kind of looking forward to a heavier light that would reduce muzzle flip a little more for when my girlfriend shoots it. Also, the inforce APL looks downright sexy on a P226.
4. P224 slide release lever. My ideal and natural grip put my thumb right on the bottom part of the slide release. I haven't had an issue at the range of riding the slide release, but it was too close for my comfort. so I opted to switch to the P224 slide release lever. The lower profile release is perfect for my grip. Just out of the way but still easy to actuate. The only disadvantage of this is that it's harder to manipulate when I want to manually lock the slide back. But when I want to do this, it won't likely be in a high stress situation so this is not that big of a deal.

All in all, I love where the gun is at. I'm coming up on 1k rounds while addressing these issues. I played with the idea of getting a SRT kit, but since it isn't just a range gun, I like the slightly extra distance for follow up shots for the same reason I like the DA/SA trigger system in the first place. Also, the P-STR8 does indirectly shorten the reset since it eliminates the overtravel on the trigger.

Contracted the Signess and couldn't be happier.

·
Banned
6,286 Posts
I like it! Nicely done.

·
Registered
23,611 Posts
Nicely done! You picked a great pistol! Welcome to SIGTalk! :)

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first SIG, you made an excellent choice!

I noticed the loaded chamber indicator and it made me curious, what made you go with the P226 over the P220? I prefer 9mm over 45, so I'm not faulting you at all...but if I were limited to 10 rounds in a full size pistol I'd definitely go with the 220 over the 226.

PS, I also really like the E2 grips. Good choice.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats on the MK25 purchase. You made an excellent choice. When you start having issues out of the APL, which it seems like a high percentage of users do, pick up a TLR-1 and really set the gun up right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I went with the 226 primarily because I find 9mm more fun to shoot. Quick follow up shots are easier on a 9mm and that's useful when trying to hit a moving Target.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your first SIG, you made an excellent choice!

I noticed the loaded chamber indicator and it made me curious, what made you go with the P226 over the P220? I prefer 9mm over 45, so I'm not faulting you at all...but if I were limited to 10 rounds in a full size pistol I'd definitely go with the 220 over the 226.

PS, I also really like the E2 grips. Good choice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.