SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, it's New Gun Day for Keeper! Backstory: I'd run across a post on reddit about GT Distributors having police trade-in (Dallas PD, if I remember right) P226s, so I figured I'd check it out. Took a look, and they have a batch of them, 9mm with the DAK trigger, for $380. The reviews on reddit and the GT site were generally positive, so I rolled the dice, and I'm glad I did! This thing is in great shape, with the only real wear being in the mag well. Plus, the two mags I got with it were Italian 15-rounders: bonus!

I ordered it knowing I had the spare parts to convert it to DA/SA, and I did exactly that this evening, that's just how I prefer my Sigs to be. That said, I don't think I hate the DAK trigger. I played around with it for a few hours, and I think once you get used to it, it's not near as horrible as people make it out to be. I mean, it would suck at the range, where you're hyper-focused on every little detail of the pull and reset, but for a duty gun, I actually think it makes a lot of sense; I'll just always prefer to have a decocker on mine.

One odd thing I did notice, though: there was what looked like excessive wear on the upper arm of the trigger bar, as well as what looks like a groove worn in the bottom of the slide rail where it lines up with the trigger bar. I saw this exact wear pattern from another guy who picked up a DAK gun, maybe it's just the way the wear? I dunno, but it doesn't impede the slide function at all, so I'm not overly worried about it.

Finally, GT was also a pleasure to work with. They had a fairly quick turn-around, and their customer service was extremely helpful and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again! Now, I just gotta get past the age-old struggle of finding time to get to the range and have fun with it!

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Tool Font Auto part Gun accessory Bumper
Trigger Automotive exterior Bumper Gas Trunk
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting
Wood Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Auto part
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Resident Armorer Premium Member
14,678 Posts
Yes, I picked up a 9mm P239 from them, a few months back. A real pleasure to work with, even though my P239 was won through an auction.

A lot of that wear you noticed from the disconnect tab of the Trigger Bar, is from lubrication, but also keeping the trigger pulled to the rear, while the slide is cycling. Many folks adept at the DAK principal, and now with the SRT on DA/SA pistols, to take advantage of the short reset, can expect to see the same wear.

Congratulations, on a nice acquisition!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for one at a good price (not GB prices lol). I personally love the DAK trigger so this is going to make me happy. I just placed the order. How long has it been taking from hitting the but it now button until your FFL has it?

Just curious and thanks again for the heads up on it and review of them. I had never heard of them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I have been looking for one at a good price (not GB prices lol). I personally love the DAK trigger so this is going to make me happy. I just placed the order. How long has it been taking from hitting the but it now button until your FFL has it?

Just curious and thanks again for the heads up on it and review of them. I had never heard of them.
You're welcome. Took just under a week, from hitting "confirm" to signing the ATF form.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Exact slide wear on mine from GT dist, but my trigger bar had much more wear than yours. Yours mostly likely had much less rounds than mine.

It's interesting is that yours had the more common rounded lightening cuts, where mine had the the more aggressive flat cuts all the way to the rear of the slide.

Wood Rectangle Hardwood Wood stain Font

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They have the rounded sig rail as all none MK25s. Not hard to get TLR-1 on them but it will wear the finish slightly.
View attachment 471377
That P239 is nice! I never paid much attention to the P239 back in the day, I figured my P6 was basically the same gun. However, they have been popping up a lot recently (even you and Willard in this thread), and I gotta say, I'm starting to think I need one. 🤔

·
14,678 Posts
These were the photos from my P239 9mm DAK, which I left as is...

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Recreation

I cleaned it up, and installed a set of Hogue G-10s and Ameriglo Spartans for IWB if necessary... in a Galco Summer Comfort...

Sleeve Font Auto part Bicycle part Bumper
Font Handgun holster Pattern Personal protective equipment Auto part

Reactions: jtj and KeeperofH

·
Registered
124 Posts
That P239 is nice! I never paid much attention to the P239 back in the day, I figured my P6 was basically the same gun. However, they have been popping up a lot recently (even you and Willard in this thread), and I gotta say, I'm starting to think I need one. 🤔
They are certainly very nice guns. The capacity to weight ratio is, well, a little outdated but the shootablity to size ratio is outstanding.

·
Registered
124 Posts
These were the photos from my P239 9mm DAK, which I left as is...

View attachment 471390 View attachment 471391

I cleaned it up, and installed a set of Hogue G-10s and Ameriglo Spartans for IWB if necessary... in a Galco Summer Comfort...

View attachment 471392 View attachment 471393
Willard is it possible to show a comparison of the G10 vs factory grip form the bottom of the magwell? G10 looks thinner and flatter than rounded slippery factory grip which has been my only complain so far.

·
14,678 Posts
Willard is it possible to show a comparison of the G10 vs factory grip form the bottom of the magwell? G10 looks thinner and flatter than rounded slippery factory grip which has been my only complain so far.
Here you go, the OEM Grips on a .357 Sig Frame. Green G-10s on .40 S&W Frame, Tan G-10s on 9mm Frame...

Rectangle Bumper Material property Automotive exterior Auto part
Bumper Material property Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Bumper Rectangle Material property Gas

Reactions: KeeperofH and jtj

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
14,678 Posts
Hmm wish it was in 40. Another retailer has the same gun in 40 for $600, which is too much. Do these have the Sig proprietary rail on them? How hard is it to adapt say a TLR-1 to these?
Sig's propriety rail isn't a problem, all you need to do, is select the correct insert, which fills the rail cross slot. Here's a P229R of mine with a Streamlight TLR-7 where I use the #1913-2 "Key".
Product Trigger Vehicle Air gun Line
Product Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

One of my P220Rs has a TLR-1, which again is a little long, but fits well, when the correct "Key" is selected, in this case the #P320 "Key".
Air gun Trigger Style Gun barrel Revolver
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

Reactions: KeeperofH

·
Super Moderator
1,485 Posts
I ordered one of these after seeing your post.

Got excellent service and immediate shipment from GT Distributors. It arrived yesterday and I picked it up today.

The one I got was in very good condition, and came - as yours did - with two 15 round MegGar magazines. Snap on E2 one piece grips.

There was more slide rail wear on my P226 than yours, and a bit of high edge wear on the lead of the trigger guard. It was US made, machined slide, with a "UU" serial number. Probably built in around 2007. Mine was shot more, but was cared for properly and not abused. The box didn't have a matching serial number, but was from a couple thousand serials later than the pistol. It had paperwork from Dallas PD in the box. Apart from the visual wear it looks, feels and cycles great. I consider it a great value in today's marketplace.

Reactions: KeeperofH

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered one of these after seeing your post.

Got excellent service and immediate shipment from GT Distributors. It arrived yesterday and I picked it up today.

The one I got was in very good condition, and came - as yours did - with two 15 round MegGar magazines. Snap on E2 one piece grips.

There was more slide rail wear on my P226 than yours, and a bit of high edge wear on the lead of the trigger guard. It was US made, machined slide, with a "UU" serial number. Probably built in around 2007. Mine was shot more, but was cared for properly and not abused. The box didn't have a matching serial number, but was from a couple thousand serials later than the pistol. It had paperwork from Dallas PD in the box. Apart from the visual wear it looks, feels and cycles great. I consider it a great value in today's marketplace.
That's awesome, I'm glad you were able to score one! Mine is also a UU, but a little later, I think closer to 2010? Same deal on the box with mine too; mismatched number (and 3 different kinds of foam inside), but still in the right range, and most of the original stuff it came with.

I'm honestly not sure mine was shot beyond qualifying, it barely has any wear on it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts