SIG Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
That " Certificate of authenticty on the Weapon ".........is actually Tracking code of internal parts, serial #"s, etc that the manufactuer needs to comply with serialized military parts. This "UID" code is the key........I work for a Military Contractor and I use these daily.......Interesting though, where ever that UID is scanned, it knows its history, whereabouts and what needs replacing when this needs to Occur..........I think, not sure that the certificate is actually a paper enclosed in you Case.
Hearing a lot of gun owners' rants over the years...I would think this would be considered a very, very bad thing. Are we more accepting because these tracking tools are supposedly for military use?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I.ve had mine a while now andmaybe I can shed some light on a couple of questions, is it better than a "normal" 226. I'd say no,it is "combat" weapon with enhanced corrosion protection. Normal issue to the everyday SEAL if there is such a person. It has military markings also no more or no less. Oh I forgot it has a military rail not the sig rail. This gun made to "work",and that it does.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I.ve had mine a while now andmaybe I can shed some light on a couple of questions, is it better than a "normal" 226. I'd say no,it is "combat" weapon with enhanced corrosion protection. Normal issue to the everyday SEAL if there is such a person. It has military markings also no more or no less. Oh I forgot it has a military rail not the sig rail. This gun made to "work",and that it does.
That, right there, is what I was looking for. Thank you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I like it with the exception of 2 things:

1. I'm not a fan of the flat vs. curved rail. Only because of holster compatibility issues. Id rather see them change the whole line or none at all to make things more standard.

2. I do not like the UID tag on it. I think its ugly - personal opinion of course. This is the main reason i lean p229 over a new m11a1. I like the look of the m11a1 better but i do not like the UID tag on it. I also do not like how the frame says m11a1, but then the grips will say p228, but i'm sure that can be fixed by some hogues.

Anyways, i bought a p226 a few months ago and i went with the standard p226. I looked at the mk25 initially and decided i didnt like it for the 2 reasons above. Now im debating which version of the p229 i want to get.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
its difficult to make a pistol "just like the SeALs use and not make it just like the SeALs use...i.e. the UID and the specific rail...

Bill

·
Registered
144 Posts
Agree;

I saw the exact same thing. This is one of my first uploads to SigTalk. About the corrosion protection.. It can be a plus, but I bet none of us jump into a pool or the beach before shooting. So :confused:...

Honestly, I prefer my regular P226 because of the punching power. When the MK25 is limited to 9mm only.

Plus I was higly dissapointed to see that the MK25 did not have E2 Grips when my P266 did, straight from the assembly line.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
the pistol's reason for being is to make money for SiG and allow people to have the pistol the SeALs use...much like Springfield Armory's Professional being just like the FBI spec's their 1911 pistol...to some people, this is REALLY important...to those of us who do not find these extras required for our pistols...we can look elsewhere...

Bill

·
Registered
144 Posts
the pistol's reason for being is to make money for SiG and allow people to have the pistol the SeALs use...much like Springfield Armory's Professional being just like the FBI spec's their 1911 pistol...to some people, this is REALLY important...to those of us who do not find these extras required for our pistols...we can look elsewhere...

Bill
I wonder if the death of OBL and the movie Act of Valor somehow increased the sales.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts