SIG Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had started buying Benchmades, then ZT, and now, I fell in love with Microtechs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i only have the benchmade griptilian.:cool:
I have a few Benchmades and they are incredible.

Microtechs are cool knives but the prices are some of the highest I've seen.
The UTX-85 (OD GREEN one in pic) is usually around $220. The Ultratech Bronzed Hellhound is usually around $400. The Benchmade Infidel I have is $500. Now, if you are looking at Marfione Customs- those prices make me wonder how working class people can afford them. Easily $1200+

Reactions: bgreuel

Registered
I've had some friends with terrible customer service experiences from Microtech so I've held of on buying, but they do make the coolest OTF's for sure.

Here's a budddies UTX I was fiddling with a few weeks ago
2017-05-16_10-55-31 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

Button was a little stiff but it seems pretty legit.

I myself am more into balisongs like this CF one from Jerry Hom
IMG_20161118_081309246 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

Just the tip on that Basilisk type R
IMG_20161117_130119904 by Walter Klopek, on Flickr

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The alleged poor customer service is what kept me away at first. From what I have seen, it has gotten much better. Anthony Marfione even monitors the Microtech FaceBook group and interacts frequently. The owner of my knife shop, who I trust, said turnaround for a repair/service might be 3-4 weeks.
I love that CF Balisong.

Registered
The alleged poor customer service is what kept me away at first. From what I have seen, it has gotten much better. Anthony Marfione even monitors the Microtech FaceBook group and interacts frequently. The owner of my knife shop, who I trust, said turnaround for a repair/service might be 3-4 weeks.
I love that CF Balisong.
Hopefully you'll never have to use it. "Allegedly" got elevated to actual for me when two of my personal friends rain into delays with servicing.

They are working on it though I think its Mr. McCoys main job monitoring the internet and working to get folks with issues sorted out.

Lean on that Dealer if you ever need servicing - I had some problems getting through to Darrel Ralph on an issue I had with one of his knives, but when I brought it to the attention of the dealer who sold me the knife, I got the issue "sort of" resolved rather quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.