SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update since I have seen a few people ask about such things.

I took my CPL qualifying class on 20 May. On 22 May I did all the legwork to get my paperwork turned in and my fingerprints done. Just over two weeks later, I received my CPL in the mail today (7 June). That's a less than three week turn around time from class to license in hand here in Presque Isle County.

Good luck to anyone else applying, it sounds like the process has gotten much much better.

·
Registered
363 Posts
That's actually inaccurate, Michigan CPL's are approved by a gun board, which meets 1 day every month and goes through all the CPL approvals (you are allowed to show up and make your case if you so wish). This means if you turn in your paperwork right around when they meet, you don't know if it will be approved during that meeting.
My turnaround time was about 2 weeks, because I got all the stuff done the week before they met. My friend got his done a week after me and his turnaround time was about 5 weeks.
They changed it up a bit in the last year, but in general the process is pretty much the same.

·
Administrator
7,058 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.