SIG Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
I have their larger Sight Pro and it is the best on the market. The Range Master will fill the bill for most applications on most guns, and weighs less. In case you want to take it to the range for fine adjustments.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have their larger Sight Pro and it is the best on the market. The Range Master will fill the bill for most applications on most guns, and weighs less. In case you want to take it to the range for fine adjustments.
Would you recommend this over the Wheeler that MIdway has for $160? I was thinking of getting one for my husband for his Bday. Of the 2 which one would you recommend his collection is mostly metal frame Sigs.

·
Banned
904 Posts
So the compact is not for compact sized slides only?

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
This qualifies for free shipping as per all orders over $49.

Thanks for posting, I was in the market for one so I took advantage of this offer.

·
Premium Member
4,447 Posts
Quote from the web site:

It's only limiting factor is the ability to reach front sights on long slides or slides with long underlugs (the metal portion of the slide that houses the recoil spring and guide rod (if present)).

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
No. The only real difference is that the Range Master won't reach the front sights on some guns with a long underlug/dust cover on some slides.

Here is a description of the Range Master

The Range Master Compact Universal Sight Tool shares the same design structure and technology as the full size Sight-Pro (874474), but in a more compact package with some reduced capacity. It is designed to remove, install and adjust front and rear dovetail sights on semi-automatic handguns. The benefit of the Universal Installation Tool over a gun specific tool is that it accepts shoe clamps that are made specifically for each handgun allowing one tool to do the work on multiple guns. This mechanism will take up less space on a work bench and provides a cost effective way to adjust the sights on different handguns. The larger tool is capable of reaching the front sights on most every model on the market (specifically Colt 1911, and tactical long slides from Smith and Wesson, Springfield etc.). The Range Master, being more compact, is limited to a .750" reach from the backside of the underlug on slides in terms of front sight location. For instance, the Sight-Pro (874474) has a full 1.750" reach advantage.

Realizing that out of the hundreds of pistol models, a very small percentage have the issue with the long underlug, MGW Armory has developed this tool to appeal to those wanting the same great features as the full size tool in a more cost effective package while giving up only a little bit of capability. The Range Master has all the same features and adjustability as the Sight-Pro. It's only limiting factor is the ability to reach front sights on long slides or slides with long underlugs (the metal portion of the slide that houses the recoil spring and guide rod (if present)). Comes with straight pusher block.

·
Registered
21,585 Posts
Would you recommend this over the Wheeler that MIdway has for $160? I was thinking of getting one for my husband for his Bday. Of the 2 which one would you recommend his collection is mostly metal frame Sigs.
My apologies for not seeing your post.

Yes. The Sight Pro has a number of.features that I think make it the best.
And it is built strong.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the Wheeler https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1017290319?pid=354154

I've used it on a bunch of pistols without any problems, issues or marring of slides/sights...

Glocks, Sigs, different makes of 1911, S&W Shields, S&W 9mm EZ, CZ PO7 & PO9, etc...

Cheaper too...

Blessings,
DocS

·
Banned
904 Posts
Reactions: DocS
1 - 12 of 12 Posts