SIG Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gray. I guess my fear is that the polymer will break far too easily, but I don't plan on shooting more than a few hundred rounds every few months and everything I've read tells me that shouldn't be a problem for the plastic rod.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks gray. I guess my fear is that the polymer will break far too easily, but I don't plan on shooting more than a few hundred rounds every few months and everything I've read tells me that shouldn't be a problem for the plastic rod.
The chances of the recoil guide breaking is slight. That aside it never hurts to have spare parts laying around.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
526 Posts
Im going to go out on a limb and guess you have a P250, not a 320. The 320C has never had a plastic guide rod in it. I actually saw a pre production version P320C, and it still had a metal dual spring guide rod. The replacement P320C guide rod one from Sig parts is a metal one. Not sure where you are finding a plastic one listed for a 320.
http://store.sigsauer.com/catalog/product/view/id/7959/s/sig-sauer-p320-recoil-spring-assembly/

The 250 did have a plastic guide rod at one time, but I think they have since replaced it with a metal one. Here is the kit for the P250 from sig parts website.
http://store.sigsauer.com/parts-kit-p250c-9mm.html

If you did in fact purchase a P320CA and it has a plastic guide rod in it, I would like to see it, and I wouldn't advise shooting it. I would call Sig immediately and advised them, because the 320C and 320CA is supposed to have a metal dual guide rod system in it. The 320 full size has a metal single spring system.

TXPO

·
Registered
260 Posts
Ive got a ton of rounds through my p320c (around 4000) and it barely ever holds the slide back after being emptied. This would mean time to replace the spring correct?
Correct ?-- yes/no/maybe

I think Sig say's 5,000 rounds, They also say to keep watch on the # of dry firing you do
As it has an effect on spring life. The recoil spring is a compression/extension spring so every time the slide is functioned it has effect on the spring.
Depending on what your habits have been it's hard to say if the spring is week.

So it gets a could be answer,

What kind of Ammo are you shooting and have you changed ? when did the problem start ? So ammo could be a possible contributor.

Week mag spring ? can't rule it out.

Dirty gun, gummed up action, slide speed slows down, = not enough reward inertia
to fully retract the slide. Big contributor.

Put it all together and you have a problem.

Does the slide stay back when you cycle it with an empty Mag ?

If the gun is dirty, clean it well, do not over lube it or over grease it.

Use a decent ammo and try it again, see if it helps.

Chances are it could be the spring, could be the your grip on the pistol.

Sorry I can't give you a simple answer of yes it's the spring, change it and all will be fine.

Come back with a little more info.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im going to go out on a limb and guess you have a P250, not a 320. The 320C has never had a plastic guide rod in it. I actually saw a pre production version P320C, and it still had a metal dual spring guide rod. The replacement P320C guide rod one from Sig parts is a metal one. Not sure where you are finding a plastic one listed for a 320.
SIG SAUER P320 Recoil Spring Assembly

The 250 did have a plastic guide rod at one time, but I think they have since replaced it with a metal one. Here is the kit for the P250 from sig parts website.
SIG SAUER Parts Kit, P250C, 9mm

If you did in fact purchase a P320CA and it has a plastic guide rod in it, I would like to see it, and I wouldn't advise shooting it. I would call Sig immediately and advised them, because the 320C and 320CA is supposed to have a metal dual guide rod system in it. The 320 full size has a metal single spring system.

TXPO
I guess this was my mistake then. I thought the ones you linked were the polymer ones because they looked plastic to me. I'm a fairly new gun owner, but thank you for the explanation, I appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.