SIG Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to install my gas valve into an ILWT barrel, following a YouTube video. I ended up ripping that floating gas ring. Instead of being four or five circumferences long, mine is now only about two.
So I have some questions:

• Is that enough of a gas ring? (I'm guessing not.)
  • Where can I get a replacement gas ring?
  • Assuming Sig doesn't sell these to the general public, can a professional gunsmith get one?
  • If I get one myself, how do I get the ring on the valve?
  • How do you get the completed valve into the gas block? I tried on the aftermarket barrel, and the factory barrel and it did not move for either without a lot of force. Guys on YouTube are doing it with their hands.
  • Since the valve is such a pain to insert (and I'm guessing I'll need to tune it for different barrel lengths), can I get a second valve somewhere, so I can just swap barrels?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Check with SIG.
If a "professional" gunsmith can't MAKE one he is not a Professional.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Sig this morning. If I send the gas valve in, they'll fix it for me. But they're also planning to sell those gas rings on the website within the next few days, so I think I'll just wait and save on shipping. The support guy also said they're reviewing whether to sell the gas valve as well, and might have that listed on the website in a few months.

Any suggestions on how to properly get the valve into the gas block without ripping the ring this time? I was pushing with all the manual force I could generate, and it did not move.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.