SIG Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

馃帠USAF Veteran
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While replacing my Sig P320 trigger with the GG part kit. I replaced the roll pin, not too difficult to accomplish. But while cleaning and getting everything reassembled to go back together one of those tiny springs decided to go on a journey into the carpet.

Not with reading glasses nor a strong light was I able to recover that spring. Off to the land of wind and socks it departed, only to return one day in the future when I have no more need of it.

I will have to look up that part and order it from Sig Sauer. Might as well order a half dozen of those and another half dozen of the other springs as well. I wouldn't want another missing spring to make my blood pressure shoot up. I just laughed at myself and didn't get upset about it this time, but if it happens again I might want to take a framing hammer to them damn tiny springs. :lol:

Time to find out what part numbers are and order them this coming week so I can finish this mini project.

馃帠USA Veteran Premium Member
Actually you have discovered the key to perpetual motion. I have often noted in my shop that a bolt dropped from three feet can travel 10 feet. It is just a matter of time before Iwork out the formula and the world will have free energy.

I'm thinking that we should open the boarders and if illegals will volunteer to just drop bolts for 10 years they will get citizenship. Families can just make there kids do it.

馃帠USAF Veteran
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just checked my blood pressure. 123 over 70. So I am not stressing the lost part. I can get replacement spring(s) from either Sig, if they will sell them to me, or another source is Numrich gun parts.

馃帠USAF Veteran
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually you have discovered the key to perpetual motion. I have often noted in my shop that a bolt dropped from three feet can travel 10 feet. It is just a matter of time before Iwork out the formula and the world will have free energy.

I'm thinking that we should open the boarders and if illegals will volunteer to just drop bolts for 10 years they will get citizenship. Families can just make there kids do it.
Keep me posted on how that formula is going to help us recover those missing items.

Registered

Registered
harbor freight sells those large rolling magnets intended to clean up nails and such from shop floors or landscaping. It's exactly the tool you need (provided the springs are magnetic).

Some of them are like 2 feet wide on wheels.

Extra bonus that harbor freight is likely to be the cheapest way to find such a thing.

Edit: Here are some links:

Hand Held Magnet

Rolling Magnet of DOOOM!

馃帠USAF Veteran
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harbor freight sells those large rolling magnets intended to clean up nails and such from shop floors or landscaping. It's exactly the tool you need (provided the springs are magnetic).

Extra bonus that harbor freight is likely to be the cheapest way to find such a thing.
Your not factoring in the lazy factor. Time spent driving x cost of fuel x paying for magnet x wear on car x pizza shop on the way home that I didn't really need x extra nap. Geez, I'll just stay home and order that part online. :D

Registered
We've all been there . I learned over time to lay out a big ole white king bed top sheet even to fold it back over my head but still I have been know to open the basement door and holler H O N E Y H E L P !! . One time she said leave me alone and I'll find the part . Turns out I have an old rolling construction magnet I forgot about but she remembered . She always finds what I loss .

Registered
I was just about to say how a few years ago, the safety spring on my Sig p238 caused me to by a "magnetic broom". I had seen one after I had my roof changed out. They "swept" my whole yard in a few min. Got one real cheap (maybe $20). Can't say it is the BEST $20 i ever spent, but it is up there. Pretty handy. Bunch of construction in my area and I make my 13 year old go out and "sweep my driveway every few months (after 2 nails in my tires). I am shocked what he comes up with. Usually 5 or 6 screws/nails per sweep. Also have not lost a spring or part that I cannot find since getting it. My tip--smaller is probably better than bigger. If looking for springs, do not need a 4 foot wide one and for most of us, the 12 inch or so size is likely more helpful in getting under benches and chairs. Here is one for $18 on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000COYMD...t=&hvlocphy=9013141&hvtargid=pla-275321241541

Edit: Here are some links:

Hand Held Magnet

Rolling Magnet of DOOOM!

Registered
Your username is Sexycat? So where was she? :)

My friend who's house I go to sometimes to work on guns always has his car near us.
I asked him why years ago and his response was that if anything flies or falls out the cat will see it and instantly go to it. :)

Registered
Your username is Sexycat? So where was she? :)

My friend who's house I go to sometimes to work on guns always has his car near us.
I asked him why years ago and his response was that if anything flies or falls out the cat will see it and instantly go to it. :)
I can relate to that except mine was a canine.

One day while working on a firearm a small part launched under spring pressure and it bounced around and landed some where in my reloading room.

I get up from my chair cussing and start moving things around to find it.
My old friend Clyde, a Boxer, now departed walks in from his nap from the kitchen.
Looks at me like, what the heck are you doing.
I actually told him :D
He sniffs around the room and starts pawing at the corner where the folding closet door pivots at the floor.
Sure enough, there it was.
Laughed my butt off and gave him a treat.
Miss my old friend.

Clarence

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.